Scovie Awards - Pay for results?

Seems like the scovies will not be around long if they don't advise folks up front on the logistics of getting results back. Can't believe they would not disclose that up front!

Forget disclosure, I can't believe they would do it this way. Why would you have to pay to enter a contest and then pay to find out how you did? What were they thinking? Had dollar signs in their eyes.

Forget disclosure, I can't believe they would do it this way. Why would you have to pay to enter a contest and then pay to find outhow you did? What were they thinking? Had dollar signs in their eyes.

Can't forget about the disclosure.....if they did indeed disclose the fact that results that did not place through third would have to pay $65 dollars for the results, it is up to you or whoever to participate or not.Still a chitty way of doing businness in MHO. If in fact they did not disclose the info, then I stand by my statment.

In any case they definetley had $$$$$ signs in their eyes.

How many products did you enter? Is the Scovie award that "prestigous"? Does it open doors and get your product more exposure? The judges must have asbestos tongues with that many entries. $65 a pop for a report card is pretty hard to swallow. I liked the Fiery Foods and BBQ Mag, but let my subscription expire, because it getting to be mainly ads and a few glossy pics and other than Rays column, thin on the Q'n.

Back