THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Scored Some

Just realized you guys are from the left coast. In upstate NY, near Lake Ontario in Oct, there is a salmon run where literally, 10`s of thousands of so called fishermen stand shoulder to shoulder (mainly on the salmon river) on both sides of the river to toss treble hooks in the hopes of snagging a salmon in the mouth. When the game warden is`nt looking, hooking a fish in the back, head, tail, belly is very common. Like I said it`s a spectical that I found funny and sick in a way. It`s NOT fishing. On rare occasion a salmon, brown trout, or steelhead will grab bait though, keeping it 'legal'. They don`t have anything like this out west I hope?

Back on thread: There was a smoke house up there that a fella converted a whole 10'x15' shed into a smoker. You drop off your catch, and he gives you smoked salmon in return for a price. I have to admit, it was pretty bad.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Scored Some

Upstate NY in Oct? I hope your not bringing treble hooks and shoulder pads as part of your tackle? I been up there once for that spectacle a bunch of years back. Or is the salmon run over by the end of Oct?

Wrong time of year and the people you are referring to belong on the 'Needs a killin' thread in woodpile. Salmon are just about gone by Haloween - more rotted floaters than any swimmers. I've fished up there for 15 years. Yes there will be people but I fish all mid week.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Scored Some

xczar said:
J......thousands of so called fishermen stand shoulder to shoulder (mainly on the salmon river) on both sides of the river to toss treble hooks in the hopes of snagging a salmon in the mouth. When the game warden is`nt looking, hooking a fish in the back, head, tail, belly is very common.......They don`t have anything like this out west I hope?
This POOPIE is "combat fishing", with very little fishing involved. most of these guys should be drowned and left as fish food themselves. Worst part is, for what they spend on gear, they could go over to the reservation and buy a whole lot more fish from the indians than they ever catch. Thankfully, we have run's year round, and if you avoid a couple of big weekends you never have to see this garbage. When the guys in camo and facepaint show up, it's time to go home

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Scored Some

This sh*t is "combat fishing", with very little fishing involved. most of these guys should be drowned and left as fish food themselves. Worst part is, for what they spend on gear, they could go over to the reservation and buy a whole lot more fish from the indians than they ever catch. Thankfully, we have run's year round, and if you avoid a couple of big weekends you never have to see this garbage. When the guys in camo and facepaint show up, it's time to go home

You said it.

Back