Scallops, Shrimp and Grits

big brother smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Got the hankering for some shrimp and grits and thought I would throw on some scallops and sliced portabellas. Wanted something different, so I got out some cedar planks and grilled them and finished the grub in the oven with the cast iron skillet, burp!:biggrin:

Picture015-1.jpg

Picture016-1.jpg

Picture017-1.jpg

Picture018-1.jpg

Picture019-1.jpg

Hmmmm . . . i think i got an idea for tonight's dinner.

Great lookin' grub ya made there!

Man, that looks really great!

Re title that to "Grits garnished w/ shrimp and scallops" and enter it into the cornmeal throwdown. :biggrin:

Damn that looks good!!! Was there extra butter in the grits? I'd hit that fo' sho'!!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

It's a bit ironic but I picked up all of the fixins to do that same thing tonight. Thanks for the pics. Now I really can't wait to get home!

Hmmmm...he never makes stuff like that when I'm out that way.
Funny, Neil, I was thinking the SAME thing. I usually get some ribs thrown on the UDS with salt and pepper if I'm lucky! I didn't know you could actually cook anything other than what's on your catering menu :biggrin:

wow that weird I had the same meal on Monday night but I didnt have grits. I had some polenta in the fridge I rolled it out and cut it into rounds. i then brushed with EVOO and grilled them. Delicious. Sorry no Pics

Back