Say it aint so Costco!

Today is Saturday and the butcher at Costco was as good as his word. The popup butcher shop was there and they had gobs of prime cap ribeyes. I have never seen so many. I believe its because of the press coverage and perhaps renewed interest in the face of a shortage. Anyway, here's proof they still exist. I stashed 4 of them in my freezer.

picture.php

^^^Those look phenomenal. I buy the whole loin,on sale,remove the cap and make my own cap steaks.I portion the "uncapped" loin into about 4 prime rib sized portions and cook them that way.Sometimes I parfreeze one portion and have it thinly sliced for cheese steak sandwiches.I have a friend that owns a store with a commercial slicer.I always share a little of the meat with him in exchange for the slicing.

Went to my local Costco yesterday and spoke to the butcher in the back. He cut me 10 ribeye caps since they were out and said that he had heard about the rumors but that they would still be cutting ribeye caps. I think it might be regional but who knows at this point. Walked away happy with my 10 caps that I’ll cook tonight.

Back