Sausage Making

BBQchef33 said:
One thing i gotta say, IN season for us northerners, we post lots of POOPIE and q stuff.... but I rememebr the Off season hysterics last year, reading banter and stories and OT posts that had me gasping for air and pissin myself. Guess there is a good side to the cold nights.

I like when it is a Wednesday in January and your watching the weekend weather forecast.

The wife says "POOPIE, it supposed to be cold and possible snow"

Then you say "who cares about that. Is it going to be windy?"

Back to the topic at hand; are we starting a sausage recipe section?

Mark (STL)

I allready did. A section is in the Recipes section, and another in the files section.

Just as a reminder as to why we maintain 2 locations fopr recipes. If you have a receipe allready typed up, or in electronic form that you dont feel like reformatting, it can be posted in the files section as is. The recipe section however does its own really nice formatting and i encourage the use of that, especially if its going to be typed up anyway.

As far as a seperate forum, I will if anyone tells me to, otherwise just use Qtalk and if alot of people show interest and it generates lots of posts, we can create a forum and move the stuff over. However you guys want, dont matter to me. But for now, qtalk is the sausage discussion place.

Well someone has best start posting as I made a abosolute ass of myself about this whole issue. If anyone is not comfortable about downloads and such send it to me private email. Fair enough ?

For you guys in the trading post go to that forum for my coments on the Golden Screw.

Phil:

Good work. You da man. I'll upload some recipes

Mark (STL)

I was busy with an office upgrade today :D

What's snow? Cold here is 45 overnight :D

Actually, I'm heading up to New Hampshire on Monday evening and it is getting a bit cool up there. I'm having to dig aroud for my long sleeve tees and my gloves.

Nope, not doing pork in the ovens this weekend -- however, on the first Sunday in November I'll be doing Christmas ham for about 100 -- kickoff for a Christmas children's drive.

The wife is already in NH, my two older boys are working this weekend and I'm not planning on cooking much -- bummer! The weather is great.

May grill some salmon and am definately doing a bunch of burgers on Sunday.

I'm taking an empty suitcase to NH and going to see if I can round up some wood to bring back :D

sausage making resources

I've submitted several sausage making resources. Look in recipe links and sausage file sections. These include a 138 page PDF and an Excel spreadsheet that will calculate different batch sizes.

Since links and files must be "approved" I don't know how long it will be till these resources are available.

Mark (STL)

i released them.. the files are up but the link was allready up form previous posting. I know i said it allready, but when posting links, files or redipes send a note to one of the moderators so we can release it.

Did you use to work at Burger King ? Service with a smile. $hit I'm off topic again, going to time out. :oops:

Back