Sausage making with Swamprb

Sweet!
Now I know what to tell my wife to get me for my birthday.
Uh,,, the whole thing,,,, You know

All I know is you really impressed me with with your Sausage stuffing! :-D

attachment.php

Every thing looks fantastic guys. Something you might want to consider trying that I've found works really well is to season the meat after you chunk up before you put it through the grinder. Helps mix it up.

Micheal I was just at the Kitchen Connection the other day and I thought Kitchen Aid made a stuffing attachment for it.
Would be really cool to make a footswitch for the Kitchen Aid to start and stop the stuffer for better control.

The sausage kit comes with two different size tubes. I used them for quite a while but finally broke down and bought a vertical stuffer.

If you are just getting started making sausage I'd go the Kitchen Aid route first. I think the grinder attachment is under $50, and the two tubes are less than $10 if memory serves.

A second pair of hands really helps using the Kitchen Aid. One person keeps it fed and the other handles the casing.

With a vertical I can do it myself, since the stuffer is loaded and the horn is down at counter level. I also have better control over how fast the product comes out and into the casing.

Back