sauced ribs

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
thank you, fellow brethren! :biggrin:
i really wish i had taken some cut rib photos because those were un-farkin-believable on the inside! 8)
i ate 8 bones, the neighbor ate a full slab of 13, at least, and his wife had 4 or 5 from the ends (she likes em well done).
the rest were eaten for lunch on monday.

those three slabs were rejects from the kettering comp. i bought two 3-packs from sam's and opened them all to pick the three best to smoke for the event. the other three were frozen. i pulled them outta the freezer on friday and then smoked them on sunday. maybe that is the secret. freeze and then thaw for three days in the fridge.

i'm a firm believer in the KISB method... for everything.
(keep it simple, brother!)

no mustard, no dry rub over night, no foil, no spritzing, no nuthin. :biggrin:
well, except for the things i mentioned in the opening post.

oh, and pull those membranes prior to the dry rub application...

the rest was all egg. 8)

saucin the ribs and cookin somore is always a good idear Rick. Now, post them pics and don't worry bout the fools out there, your good to go.

rick I looked at them monday and looked again today wow thems some dang good looking ribs im going to try to talk the wife into some ribs for the weekend

Rick, once again, you've outdone yourself...must be nice to be your neighbor!

The Mrs. refuses to eat sauced ribs... I prefer them that way...course, that's not the only thing we've ever disagreed on...

I think I'm gonna have to try this method, just means more for me if the Mrs won't eat any....Right?
I've never found that "magic" method that I like for ribs...and it seems every time I try something new, I'm disappointed.

thank you so much, guys! i can't tell you how that method will work on other cookers, but what the heck, give it a try. i really never made ribs before i got the eggs. i used to use the foiling 3/1/1 method, but that was too much work and i like the results better just straight 5 hours or so at 250-290. note this is for baby backs, not spares.

Had our ribs looked like that last Sunday we would have taken GC...great job bro! :p

ah, go on! :icon_blush:
thanks, man

that KC junk. Yech!

don't be bringin that to my thread! :icon_clown

wait a minute, are you saying you don't like blues hog? or are you saying kc masterjunk?

i'm old. it's hard for me to follow sometime. :biggrin:

I just never have liked that Masterpiece. No sir no way. Got some in the cabinet for guests though. I'm diplomatic. If it's gotta be that red stuff some people call BBQ sauce, I use Sonny's. I think it's a North Carolina based BBQ restaurant chain.

I'm from South Carolina, we just don't do that to perfectly good pork down here. I was raised on the mustard!

ah. do whatever works for ya is what i say! :biggrin:

i'd like to try that sometime myself 8)

I'll pm you a recipe for my secret pork sauce. There is a catch though, you can't share the recipe without permission. I will post it if it is a hit.

Back