Saturday brisket with a side of pr0n...

This is a first... The point and flat both made it to the stall (magic time) at the same instant. :shock:

edit_preview.php

Please note... The Weber Style temp unit defaults to a 170 target beef temp. I wonder if I have the "Special Tortaboy Edition". :caked:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Al, that is called simultaneous plateau. This usually occurs a little before simultaneous climax. Then you pull your meat out and let it rest for a while. Kathy said something about refractory period or some technical jargon like that. :thumb:

So here's the rest of the cook...

The flat at the stall
edit_preview.php

The point at the stall
edit_preview.php

The dynamic duo
edit_preview.php

The point ended up probing tender at around 205. The flat held out until about 210. I pulled the point and cubed it up for semi burnt ends... After this shot, I seasoned them up with some more rub and a little sauce and put them back on the smoker for a about half an hour while the flat was resting.
edit_preview.php

Flat sliced after resting for about half an hour.
edit_preview.php

And the finally, the finished plate with sliced flat, semi burnt ends, broccoli slaw and ranch beans.
edit_preview.php

:becky:

Great thread Al - I'd hit that madness all kinda ways! :clap2:

Nice work on the cook and the pix. :thumb:

great looking brisket!

Would you mind sharing the broccoli slaw recipe? That also looks fantastic.

Thanks aawa. The broccoli slaw actually comes in a kit from Costco that includes broccoli florets, shredded broccoli stems, carrots, red cabbage and a sauce. We also add craisins, sunflower seeds, a little red wine vinegar and some extra creamy coleslaw sauce. :mrgreen:

Back