Sanctioned Contest Near Harrisonville, Missouri?

As I told Chick'N'Pig after he finished 63rd at Laurie, "Your time will come." I'm sure that there's some things that you learned this weekend, both on your own and from others. Take it, try it, use what you can, throw out what you don't like, and make it your way of cooking. As BellyBro always says, "any given cookoff", your time will come.

Congrats on a fun weekend.....see you on the cookoff curcuit next year!

Jeff - sorry to hear about your trip home. I saw you and Tammy along the road but it looked like you were just tying something down.

We had some of your pork for dinner last night - my wife and daughter loved the pork - said it was tastey and moist (even after reheating). Definately didn't merit last place. Just shows that everyone's taste in Q is different and you never know how the judges will recieve your turn-in. I was shocked when they didn't call your name for pork - thought you had a pay day for sure!!

Here's a few photos... thanks to Wayne for the box help!!! I learned yet more useful tidbits of contest stuff! And in checking out the photos closer, thanks to Ray for your "contribution" to the brisket! :mrgreen: Even though it's in the pork picture, we used it on the brisket and Blues Hog regular on the pork.

Last edited:
Jeff,

I can tell you now that your pork presentation didn't deserve 5's and 6's. It's funny and sometimes makes you wonder. I wonder if those three judges sat next to each other and looked at each other's score card before giving your mark.

Back