Sams Club Regional @Medford

So they move the locale 275 miles bog deal when you consider 1- they hold 2 local contests in Texas that dont really have KCBS cooks and no CBJ's, 2 - hire insiders to be 'organizers' 3 - have a contest in a state that cant sell out the contest, 4 - hold it in a state that no one really wants to go to the region because state Team of Year points are worth too much.

So i mean.. what's the big deal? :doh:

Total BS.

RATS!
I was really looking forward to Medford and was supposed to judge.
Wonder when we will get an email notification?

I would guess that Sam's Club might of had something this. The store in Laurel is the top store in sales on the East Coast. So for them it would be a no brainer. It does have a large parking lot. So if the team I am cooking with in Pittsburg makes it then it will only be a 1 hour drive to Laurel. I am going to love this short drive pulling a 14k trailer!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

I sent the following to the KCBS I suggest anyone else whose not happy with the situation send something similar.

I'm very upset with the venue change of the region 5 regional contest. If I'm lucky enough to qualify for this contest it will cost me 500 miles, 8 extra hours of driving time and approximately $200 in extra fuel cost . I will also need to book 2 hotel rooms because driving 8 hours then competing in a bbq contest all in the same day is not something I would do. I think you seriously need to reconsider the new location of the event and find a club closer to the original venue. If not I may be forced to withdraw from the local contest I signed up for.

Steve Farrin
I Smell Smoke !!!
Did you receive at least an acknowledgement? I haven't since i sent mine. Guess some lucky guy on the waiting list will be happy cause im 99 percent gonna drop put now

Did you receive at least an acknowledgement? I haven't since i sent mine. Guess some lucky guy on the waiting list will be happy cause im 99 percent gonna drop put now

May 27, 2011 07:58:56 PM, dendrijaitis@kcbs.us wrote:
Steve,

I've forwarded your email to Troy Black, the Director of the Sam's Tour. He can better address your concern.

Thank you for contacting KCBS.

May 30, 2011 12:01:01 PM, learn2q@mac.com wrote:
Steve,I was forwarded your email regarding the venue change for the region 5. The decision to make the change was done in haste, nor was choosing the replacement site. There were a lot of factors that came in to play. Not all club locations are suitable for this event for various reasons. Choosing the locations for these events was more than geographical.

We certainly understand if you need to withdraw from the local qualifying event. Please review our refund policy which allows you to withdraw with a full refund up to 30 days prior to the event.

If I can be of further assistance, don't hesitate to contact me.

Troy Black

Series Director
Sam's Club National BBQ Tour

driver

May 31, 2011 07:05:21 AM, dendrijaitis@kcbs.us wrote:
Steve,

Please confirm that you want to be removed from the Pittsburgh, PA Sam's Club event.

Thank You,

I replied to Dawn that I would decide in August if I were coming or not. Maybe the price of gas will drop. Notice that Troy said the decision was done in haste.

I replied to Dawn that I would decide in August if I were coming or not. Maybe the price of gas will drop. Notice that Troy said the decision was done in haste.

Steve,
I believe there was a typo and that he meant to use the word "not" per done in haste.
I can't imagine anyone at KCBS admitting that.
The way the paragraph reads is awkward without the word "not" and the following sentence "nor was choosing the replacement site."

Just my feeling but the whole thing still disappoints big time.

I can see the other side and that does suck. You guys planned for that location.

For me, its 13 miles from where I work, so IF we get there, I'm pretty happy.

I can understand your frustration, but I really wasnt looking forward to back-to-back 600 mile roundtrips. For me the change is welcomed and hope to make the region final.

It does really kind of suck, them moving this thing. What i think sucks more is they haven't even bothered to send an e-mail to the registered teams to let them know. They sent me an e-mail about W-9's and signage requirements.

I don't blame any of you guys for being excited it got moved closer. I would have been pumped if they moved it to Sam's in Fishkill NY! Hey hopefully I am fortunate enough to make it, the drive was going to suck anyway, at least this way I might have a chance at actually moving when Im on the road instead of sitting in that big parking lot that is LI. lol

Back