THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.
D

Derek

How do you thaw out a 6 oz salmon steak fillet fast so by lunch time, so I can pan sear it and throw some seasoning on?

You can also put the bag on a something conductive, like a cast iron griddle or frying pan, the larger the better. It'll thaw amazingly quickly just sitting on a counter. I was surprised to find that a granite counter top does a pretty good job, too.

You can also put the bag on a something conductive, like a cast iron griddle or frying pan, the larger the better. It'll thaw amazingly quickly just sitting on a counter. I was surprised to find that a granite counter top does a pretty good job, too.
TMJST, I may have to give this science experiment a try.

By the way I'm eating my salmon now "I wish I could post a pic of it but too ashamed on how it turned out )

Well, since you're EATING it, I assume it can't be that bad.:biggrin:
It wasn't but the fish was all broken up and looked horrible.

Soon enough I'll get a restaurant look to it, then I'll post some pron pics of it.

There is a restaurant in town that takes their salmon straight from the freezer into the pan, lots of butter and a little seasoning. I ordered the salmon once and asked how they kept it so juicy as the owners are friends of ours they had no problems letting me know. I have found that thawing out any frozen salmon tends to make it a bit dry so this method may have some merit
Enjoy
Gary

Back