THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
A quick, mid-week dinner despite the weather being cold and rainy. A man has to suck it up sometimes and get outdoors to make dinner.

A few days ago I came across these slabs of Prosciutto at my local Market Basket. I'm thinking it had to be mis-marked and I'd figure out what to do with it. The problem is the package consisted of two slabs of meat and without a slicer I did my best with a boning knife to slice off the longest pieces I could.

Of course they weren't very long slices and wrapping these around Asparagus became a battle: me vs. a lot of toothpicks. :boxing: Oh well, sometimes the bargains don't turn out to be so much of a bargain. The Asparagus still turned out to be quite good however.

Anyway, tonite's dinner was Salmon and Prosciutto wrapped Asparagus. I still had the Golden's set up for indirect cooking and added another grate for the Asparagus -

Over to the hot side of the grill to crisp the skin -

Add some lemon slices for flavor and make it look pretty -

Plated -

Not the most magazine worthy pics today but it still tasted good, despite the lousy weather and the short pieces of Prosciutto.

I keep thinking at some point I need to buy a slicer but doing so here would have negated the savings. My wife gave me one of those looks when I first suggested it. Yeah, I know when she's right. :wink:

As always thanks for reading through this post!

Regards,
-lunchman

Wow, those cookers are not cheap. I was thinking I could sneak it in, since it's a golden, and we have 2 Golden retrievers...

Love your food posts. Please keep them up. I'm still picturing your sweet potato rolls in my sleep.

Wow, those cookers are not cheap. I was thinking I could sneak it in, since it's a golden, and we have 2 Golden retrievers...

Love your food posts. Please keep them up. I'm still picturing your sweet potato rolls in my sleep.

Nope, wasn't cheap but not too much more than a BGE. And totally worth my investment..

I've got 3 packages of sweet potato dough in the freezer so you'll be seeing more of them. :laugh:

Back