Salmon and Asparagus on the Golden's

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
A quick, mid-week dinner despite the weather being cold and rainy. A man has to suck it up sometimes and get outdoors to make dinner.

A few days ago I came across these slabs of Prosciutto at my local Market Basket. I'm thinking it had to be mis-marked and I'd figure out what to do with it. The problem is the package consisted of two slabs of meat and without a slicer I did my best with a boning knife to slice off the longest pieces I could.

Of course they weren't very long slices and wrapping these around Asparagus became a battle: me vs. a lot of toothpicks. :boxing: Oh well, sometimes the bargains don't turn out to be so much of a bargain. The Asparagus still turned out to be quite good however.

Anyway, tonite's dinner was Salmon and Prosciutto wrapped Asparagus. I still had the Golden's set up for indirect cooking and added another grate for the Asparagus -

Over to the hot side of the grill to crisp the skin -

Add some lemon slices for flavor and make it look pretty -

Plated -

Not the most magazine worthy pics today but it still tasted good, despite the lousy weather and the short pieces of Prosciutto.

I keep thinking at some point I need to buy a slicer but doing so here would have negated the savings. My wife gave me one of those looks when I first suggested it. Yeah, I know when she's right. :wink:

As always thanks for reading through this post!

Regards,
-lunchman

Wow, those cookers are not cheap. I was thinking I could sneak it in, since it's a golden, and we have 2 Golden retrievers...

Love your food posts. Please keep them up. I'm still picturing your sweet potato rolls in my sleep.

Wow, those cookers are not cheap. I was thinking I could sneak it in, since it's a golden, and we have 2 Golden retrievers...

Love your food posts. Please keep them up. I'm still picturing your sweet potato rolls in my sleep.

Nope, wasn't cheap but not too much more than a BGE. And totally worth my investment..

I've got 3 packages of sweet potato dough in the freezer so you'll be seeing more of them. :laugh:

Back