THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Translated:

For the patties a pound of ground beef and a pound of ground chicken
salt dried oregano pepper sweet or smoked paprika
some tomato paste
A little chopped parsley
2-3 minced cloves of garlic
Mix everything and leave in the fridge for half an hour.
For the sauce fry onion and
2-3 chopped celery
Fry a little add a can of chopped tomatoes salt paprika pepper and two cups hot water. One TBS honey or dates honey.
Start with a short frying of the patties, just brown them a bit and take out.
In the same pan cook the sauce, add the patties and cook for another 40 minutes, add a bag of frozen peas and cook for another 15 minutes.

Last edited:
Wow. What a great looking spread of food. Many I've never had before. Maybe I'll get the chance someday.

What a fantastic feast that was, one amazing dish after the other but you absolutely nailed those ribs and they were standout for a reason!

Thanks Yoeri
It was not the first time I cooked ribs. But it was the first time I got them right. My lesson here is to start early and give myself a lot of time before the dinner.
In previous attempts I timed the cook for 6 hours max. And got not quite top quality because the ribs were not as tender as they should be.
This time I was not worried to be on time and left the ribs on until they all were probe tender. Some of them rested for 4 hours. That did not hurt. Maybe even made them better.

Translated:

For the patties a pound of ground beef and a pound of ground chicken
salt dried oregano pepper sweet or smoked paprika
some tomato paste
A little chopped parsley
2-3 minced cloves of garlic
Mix everything and leave in the fridge for half an hour.
For the sauce fry onion and
2-3 chopped celery
Fry a little add a can of chopped tomatoes salt paprika pepper and two cups hot water. One TBS honey or dates honey.
Start with a short frying of the patties, just brown them a bit and take out.
In the same pan cook the sauce, add the patties and cook for another 40 minutes, add a bag of frozen peas and cook for another 15 minutes.
Thanks, I have sent that to the indoor cook ;)

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for your kind words. It was an event. I have had no experience in making just ribs for a large dinner. Well large for me. Normally I make steaks, burgers, chicken etc. Shorter cooking. Maybe I was not confident enough in my long cook skills with beef. I have cooked pork but this is different. This event changed my mind. Definitely something I will do again.

Thanks Yoeri
It was not the first time I cooked ribs. But it was the first time I got them right. My lesson here is to start early and give myself a lot of time before the dinner.
In previous attempts I timed the cook for 6 hours max. And got not quite top quality because the ribs were not as tender as they should be.
This time I was not worried to be on time and left the ribs on until they all were probe tender. Some of them rested for 4 hours. That did not hurt. Maybe even made them better.

what. a great cook. those beef ribs had great marbling.

we love to host parties and I always cook for them. to me food is integral to any gathering. I much prefer when I cook bbq for these as opposed to grilling type dishes.

with large meat bbq it's done hours before the first guest arrives. I have no stress in cooking during the event. as you noted along hold only makes it better.

A little late to the party, but glad I made it. Everything looks fabulous, even the non-beef!
That was really special.

Thank you! Always welcome. Even late. :grin:
The non beef food was amazing. Believe me.
I had some leftovers for days.

what. a great cook. those beef ribs had great marbling.

we love to host parties and I always cook for them. to me food is integral to any gathering. I much prefer when I cook bbq for these as opposed to grilling type dishes.

with large meat bbq it's done hours before the first guest arrives. I have no stress in cooking during the event. as you noted along hold only makes it better.

I completely understand that now. No stress and great results. I think this is going to be my method from now on. I just needed more confidence in the results.

Back