Sad day in the world of Comp BBQ

Crummy news especially at this time of year. Thoughts and prayers to all his family and friends.

Scott

Condolences and sympathy sent from all of us. Mike was a great guy. Wasn't until this year that we discovered besides BBQ, we shared another bond - fly fishing. Looks like we missed that opportunity to cast dry flies over rising trout. You can bet I'll be raising a toast tonight, and on the fabled waters this spring to you my friend. To Mike: sweet smoke and tight lines. Godspeed.

This past October at Dover, after awards, I stopped by to see the ISS gang as I was getting ready to leave. After exchanging handshakes and goodbyes, as I walked away, Mike said, "see you on down the trail". Today I understand what he meant. Very profound. He was a great guy and will be missed by many. My sincere condolences to his family, friends and teammates.

See you on down the trail, Mike.
Rest in peace.

very very sad. RIP Mike....from the few times I had the chance to meet and speak with him he was a heck of a guy. My thought are with his friends, family, and team.

Mike,
I am glad we had a drink in Merrimack. I am so sorry to hear of this today. My best to you and yours.

Stephen Eastridge

Very sorry to hear this news, i had the chance to meet mike over the weekend and he was a very nice gentleman. I took these pictures at the awards ceremony and would like to share them.

Attachments

• tempe 323.jpg
    tempe 323.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 188
  • tempe 329.jpg
    tempe 329.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 188
  • tempe 349.jpg
    tempe 349.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 189
well put Diva.
We will miss him so much but can not imagine what Kirsten and the girls are going through. So much sorrow; another good person lost.
Nancee

I am so very sorry to read this. Thoughts, prayers and condolences to his family and friends. RIP Mike.

So sorry for this loss. Although I don't believe I met Mike (maybe at the Royal??), he looks like a fun guy and from the way you talk about him, I know he was special. My thoughts and prayers go out to ISS and to Mike's family.

Man, that's really awful news. Thoughts and prayers to Mike's teammates and family.

While I too never had the opportunity to meet Mike, I also feel the loss of another icon...

Thoughts and prayers go out to both his family and friends.

I knew Mike as well as I know many on the BBQ circuit. We knew each others face and spoke in mutual company on a few ocassions. He was always good for a laugh or a pointed statement. My most fond of memories of Mike was his Boston accent. When he broke into a story and was dropping r's and things were wicked pissa' and wicked smart, which came out smaht. What a fun person to be around. I am glad we mingled in similar circles.
My heart goes out to his family, friends and especially his team mates. If I considered him a great person to know from my limited time with him I can't imagine the loss that the ISS!!! team is feeling. I'm so sorry for your loss.

You will be missed by so many Mike. Rest In Peace

I spent some time Friday nite at the Tempe contest hanging and talking with Mike,he was a great guy,very sad to hear this now,RIP Mike,you will be missed.

I can see our brother KC and Mike putting together a hell of a bbq team in heaven....condolences to the family and close friends.....

Think I'll burn a stick of cherry in his honor tonight....I'd like to suggest you all do the same.....

This is very sad I met him at a ISS class at the BBQ Guru. Very friendly with a great sense of humor. He will be missed. Thoughts and Prayers to his family and Team Mates

I just found out tonight at the NEBS BOD meeting. I'm still in shock.

Very, very sad. He was a breath of fresh air, always.

Condolences to Kirsten and the girls, all his family, and ISS.

You will be missed, Mike. Cheers, and say hi to Doug, Bill, Moe & Jim.

If there's a NEBS heaven, you know they got a hell of a team!

I too will burn a stick for him, but it won't be cherry.

And...what accent? Mike had no accent.
RIP

Back