THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jeffsee

Full Fledged Farker
My in-laws are here for a play my daughter is in tonight. My wife was hesitant to have me smoke something since my FIL is a picky eater.

I DO get to smoke a turkey breast tomorrow (Thanks Saiko!), but for today, I had to make do with fake ribs in the oven.

I tried this recipe last year (before I came upon this site and built my UDS) and he flipped over them. I now know this is BBQ blasphemy, but I get to eat ribs and my wife is allowing the turkey tomorrow.

Step 1 (avert your eyes):

Parboil :tsk: with celery seed, kosher salt, garlic, and black pepper.

8878932f.jpg

Step 2 (Prepping for the oven, not the smoker. Still hit it with some rub, though.):

0e4e23f3.jpg

cb5fa14a.jpg

Step 3 Foil the roasting pan and stick in the oven for about 5 hours (I know, seems like overkill, but they come out fall-apart tender)

93f20fa3.jpg

More pics to follow. I KNOW how bad this is, so please, do not take me to task. Light-hearted ribbing is also expected. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Last edited:
Thanks for taking it easy on me.

At least I don't have to eat them :p. A picky eater in my house goes hungry.

I hope they turn out delicious.

You have no idea how much I'd like to make him go hungry. :boxing:

They really do taste OK. Just can't hold a candle to the real ribs. :doh:

:shock:

Momma always said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

I'll say THIS......it takes a lot of cojones to post boiled ribs here.:heh::boxing:

I woulda did half-n-half too. I had same deal with turkey, some didn't want anything but traditional oven turkey. When we deep fried a second small one, they completely regretted their stubborn ways.

Well, I think we can all relate to this thread. The fact that you entertain yur FIL is commendable. I don't think I would be able to do it. Luckily I dont have this problem. If I did I'd probably be divorced :wink:

Ha just saw the tags applied to this thread... funny.

Back