Rubbed Meat at Contests

kcpellethead said:
Go out and have a good time. Be friendly to the folks that pass by and be courteous to your neighbors. That's really what it's all about, isn't it?

That's for sure, and I got a good dose of it in Emporia Friday eve. 8) Everyone that I talked to was just a friendly as could be.

Jeff,

Do as you please. However, if your concern is about being accused of cheating, you're over thinking the idea of bringing pre-seasoned meat for your Friday event.

As for the cheating comments, if I thought I saw someone cheating, I'd ask them about what I saw. If I knew for sure a team was cheating, I'd go find a rep or contest organizer. Although I don't make it a point to look for cheaters at contest, in the 80 or so contests I've cooked, I've never seen anyone doing anything that looked to be against the rules . . . .well, unless you count the guy that was seasoning his meat with his shirt off this past weekend. I don't really think he meant to break the rules, besides others seeing him that way was punishment enough . . . .LOL

kcpellethead said:
Jeff,

Do as you please. However, if your concern is about being accused of cheating, you're over thinking the idea of bringing pre-seasoned meat for your Friday event.

As for the cheating comments, if I thought I saw someone cheating, I'd ask them about what I saw. If I knew for sure a team was cheating, I'd go find a rep or contest organizer. Although I don't make it a point to look for cheaters at contest, in the 80 or so contests I've cooked, I've never seen anyone doing anything that looked to be against the rules . . . .well, unless you count the guy that was seasoning his meat with his shirt off this past weekend. I don't really think he meant to break the rules, besides others seeing him that way was punishment enough . . . .LOL

IMHO if you have time to notice someone else cheating, you're not paying attention to what you're doing! There's a few very busy windows for anyone competeing. Everything has to be done on time, so that means that most teams are putting on their brisket (or chicken, ribs etc) at roughly the same time. everyone's prepping at roughly the same time. So unless I see someone unloading a box of Q from Athur Bryant's, I'd never know if someone was cheating.

OTOH, the only times I've seen someone doing something againist the rules is because they're new and have made an honest mistake.

Back