THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Best Rub since sliced bread.

20200324-211354.jpg

Bulloch BBQ Pork Rub is sugar free and definitely leans towards the savory side. Full disclosure, it is our rub, but we've received good reviews/results if it's something you're interested in.

I really like alot of Oakridge's offerings. Order directly on their site and if you're patient they have alot of killer deals like 20% off. They're pricey because they're high quality ingredients so 20% can save you alot.

I love Killer hogs on ribs. Amazing color

Yardbird is great on chicken and just about anything else.

I've enjoyed myron's Butt rub on pork shoulders. I like that there's no sugar in that one because I like cooking them naked the whole way and they don't turn into a complete meteor black. They finish with nice solid brown bark with good simple flavor.

These are what I have now. All of them are good on pork and not sweet. Salt Lick and Naturiffic are the best for ribs. My wife and I are huge fans of Oakridge Dominator, Secret Weapon and competition Beef and Pork, both with sweetness but not overly sweet at all.

Last edited:
I really am blown away with Oakridge wild game/poultry seasoning for birds or Santa Maria.
Simply Marvelous pecan for pork.
Cavenders for fish or chicken.
Shapleys (local) for steak or Oakridge carne crosta /santa maria for beef.
Hoover’s (from Mississippi Delta with an oriental hang) is a great pork marinade.

If you're looking for a savory profile, an easy one to find is McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning. I love it on beef (briskets and rib roasts) and was pleasantly surprised when I experimented with it on a pork butt.

Let me second the suggestion of Cavenders seasoning. An ole boss of mine made excellent pulled pork using nothing but Cavenders for seasoning.

Back