THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No, there is no list of ingredients. There is no language on the packaging indicating "natural" charcoal, so I assume it's got paraffin and other petroleum based binders.

The bag does say it's made in the USA, not like the various Royal Oak lump charcoals made in several different South American countries.

I've only seen Royal Oak lump around here, and that's what we get, but I used the briqs when I was pit bitchin' in Salem OR recently-I'd jump on it!! It got to temp reasonably quick using the MM in WSM's and I couldn't notice any off smell. Fark!! Labor Day is over- the big boxes are rolling out the Halloween crap in anticipation for the Holidaze, we won't be able to find charcoal until Memeorial Day- Don't think about it- jump on it!!!!

Now on sale $1.99!!!!!!!!

Holy crappolli!!!

I went back to CVS today to see if the $3.99 price was good. They're blowing out the inventory at $1.99 (with their discount club thing, naturally).

Go RIGHT NOW and find a CVS that carries the Royal Oak briqs. Not all of them do. I have two CVS stores within 2 miles of my house. One carries alot of seasonal stuff including Royal Oak, the other doesn't.

At this price, I bought 2 dozen bags.

Did anyone locate any other CVS's stores that had stock left?

I checked three stores around here and only found K and Matchlight for 1.99 5#bag. There was an older lady working at one store that was telling me how proud she was that she had scored a bunch of the matchlight for herself and how good the charcoal was. I didnt have the heart to say anything negative about it to her :mrgreen:

no cvs stores around me though one is being built a few blocks away. on another list a guy in s calif found the ro for .79 a bag. he bought 63 bags. course i'm ticked off.

Back