Royal Oak Briquettes - 15.4lbs for $4

Register at Lowes for a Military Discount if you are eligible, you get 10% everything including sales prices. $3.60 a bag for this guy!

Lowes is having a one day sale tomorrow on Stubbs, $6.99 a bag
My Lowes didn't have the Royal Oak , unless they're hiding it.

I saw the sale at Lowe's recently. Has anyone used the Royal Oak Briquettes? I've been very interested but never pulled the trigger

I've used Royal Oak Chef's Choice Briquettes and feel like they burn cleaner and more consistent than Kingsford without that wicked chemical smell.

I'll use my veteran's discount cause I like $3.60 more than $4.00--I love being on the Brethren, I feel like I make my Brethren membership money back in knowledge and savings!!

I grabbed some a while back 2x12lb bags for $5 and last time I was at the local Wally World they still had some left at that price.

While it burns nice and not as much start up smoke as Kingsford, I found it to produce way more ash they I liked. Price is great but way too much ash for me.

I've switched to Royal Oak over KBB a while ago. Funny, I think the RO has less ash than KBB. Using KBB in the WSM, a few (+6) hours in and the vents clog. Hasn't happened with the RO. Definitely less smoke. For the price (even without this sale) it's worth it.

i have tried the ro charcoal before and it doesn't have that kbb smell. this is a tiny bit better deal than the walmart 7.88 for 2 15LB bags.

I've switched to Royal Oak over KBB a while ago. Funny, I think the RO has less ash than KBB. Using KBB in the WSM, a few (+6) hours in and the vents clog. Hasn't happened with the RO. Definitely less smoke. For the price (even without this sale) it's worth it.

To be fair I need to specify that I only use Kingsford Comp or now called Professional briquettes and my go to briquettes are Stubbs so can't argue there.

I saw the sale at Lowe's recently. Has anyone used the Royal Oak Briquettes? I've been very interested but never pulled the trigger
I love them. The last time I found a sale ($3.77), I bought a pallet. I like the flavor, burn smell, and burn time.

I use Royal Oak all the time, like it better than kingsford.

Jack

I like RO better than KBB too. Plus they hook together real nice when going snake method. At this price, the RO briqs cost less per pound than KBB on the traditional Memorial Day $9.99/2-pk sale.

Last edited:
I love them. The last time I found a sale ($3.77), I bought a pallet. I like the flavor, burn smell, and burn time.

I prefer my charcoal to smell and taste like burning wood not whatever petroleum by-products they pack into it to hold it all together. That why I exclusively cook with lump. If I HAVE to use briqs then I will go with Stubbs nothing holding it together other than a little water and a lot of pressure. They aren't as consistent as RO or KBB but the lack of chemical additives offsets that for me.

...Plus you don't get fun special prizes in bags of briqs...when was the last time you found a railroad spike in your bag of briquettes?

Back