THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Same exact story here..bought a bunch of bags of the RO "Ridge" briqs...thought I scored a deal. First cook was a bad sign...Tons of white smoke and the briqs never really lit. Usually a chimney full of anything decent will light fine. Not these. The smell was on par with an old bag of KBB that had been sitting in swamp water. I thought maybe it was a bad bag. Opened another tonight...same thing. Sorry RO...I love your lump, but these briqs are utter garbage. Sorry I bought so many bags...they're going to end up in a landfill.

I am surprised by this. All I use is RO briquettes. I think they perform really well - never had an issue with them not lighting. I also think they have a pleasant smell. Those same red bags are what I haul to competitions, too. I guess judges around here love the swamp water aftertaste.

Back