RoughRider Meat Sticks

MossyMO

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Marty Owens
Mixed up a small batch of RoughRider meat sticks using 5 pounds brisket trimmings and 4 pounds of buffalo burger. Stuffed some with 21mm mahogany collagen casings and some in 1 ½” mahogany fibrous casings for some summer sausage.

-----

These were smoked in two batches in the GMG Davy Crockett, few hours of smoke and then finished them in a convection oven.

-----

Both the meat sticks and summer sausage have an excellent flavor with a medium heat level. Feedback and reviews so far from customers trying this flavor have all been great.

-----

-----

Thanks for looking!

I need to try making some summer sausage. I use to love Hickory farms summer sausage when i was younger but now its terrible and expensive as hell. Even the smoke flavor is terrible. Like worse then liquid smoke.

Well done!!

I can see Teddy Roosevelt and Calvary with a meat stick in one hand and pistol in the other!!

Thanks! Wife and I have Owens BBQ with what we feel is a great line up of flavors!

What are the differences between your summer sausage seasonings? Besides the obvious cajun, garlic, and jalapeno. Never heard of 701 or north country.

I can see Teddy Roosevelt and Calvary with a meat stick in one hand and pistol in the other!!

Love it! :rofl:

What are the differences between your summer sausage seasonings? Besides the obvious cajun, garlic, and jalapeno. Never heard of 701 or north country.

The North Country is more of your old fashion flavor with more black pepper, while the 701 is a bit bolder. They are both along the traditional line of summer sausage seasoning. The "regular" Summer Sausage has more paprika in the blend. Hope this helps a little.

Those look awesome.

Cheddar jalapeño is my favorite flavor. Do you make those?

We do,just add cheddar cheese to the jalapeño meat stix mix.

The North Country is more of your old fashion flavor with more black pepper, while the 701 is a bit bolder. They are both along the traditional line of summer sausage seasoning. The "regular" Summer Sausage has more paprika in the blend. Hope this helps a little.

Does your seasonings include cure, or if not, include directions for the amount of seasonings and cure to add per pound of sausage? Similar to Hi Mountain seasonings.

Ah

Ok. When I first saw the post I thought you were selling sticks. This makes more sense. I’ve always wanted a stuffer.

We do,just add cheddar cheese to the jalapeño meat stix mix.

Ok. When I first saw the post I thought you were selling sticks. This makes more sense. I’ve always wanted a stuffer.

At least he didn't outright post links to his selling site. He seems like a brethern that just sells seasoning like the late Porkalot. Nobody ever gave him $hit about promoting his Q salt, ect...ect. We should give this guy a pass.

Seasoning

Was someone not giving him a pass?

At least he didn't outright post links to his selling site. He seems like a brethern that just sells seasoning like the late Porkalot. Nobody ever gave him $hit about promoting his Q salt, ect...ect. We should give this guy a pass.

Back