THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

farmer-fred

Full Fledged Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Tom
I was hungery for rotisserie chicken on the Kettle and had a package of real nice drumsticks from Krogers so I decided use them. I seasoned them with Yardbird and put them in the basket, fired up the Kettle with the rotisserie ring using the two weber charcoal baskets and 1-1/2 hrs later they were done just perfect. Super juicy and the skin was perfect. I lightly sauced them about 20 minutes before pulling them. Dome temp was about 350 for most of the cook. The wife made a batch of potato salad and we also had corn on the cob. For desert she made a batch of frostys in the ice cream freezer. It was a great sunday evening meal. Sorry but no plated pics, I was hungery and could not wait.

20200607_180213.jpg

20200607_180907.jpg

20200607_181016.jpg

Thanks all. Yes the drumsticks were as good as they looked. I really like them done with the Vortex ring but these might just have been better. One nice thing about the rotisserie is you can just set it up and walk away for a while. I think it is less apt to burn because it is a lower cooking temp. I am using the Onlyfire improved stainless rotisserie ring from Amazon. They are over $50.00 less than the Weber version and they seem to fit better.

https://www.amazon.com/Onlyfire-Universal-Stainless-Charcoal-Rotisserie/dp/B01H19QSOY/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1J8875E86RNJX&dchild=1&keywords=weber+kettle+rotisserie+ring+22.5&qid=1591580619&sprefix=weber+kettle+rot%2Caps%2C172&sr=8-5

I ordered a SS onlyfire rotisserie for my performer last friday. Suppose to be delivered Tomorrow... I might have to get a basket too.. Were did you get yours at? By the way the drumsticks look awesome!

I ordered a SS onlyfire rotisserie for my performer last friday. Suppose to be delivered Tomorrow... I might have to get a basket too.. Were did you get yours at? By the way the drumsticks look awesome!

Thanks all for the comments. I do not recall where I bought the basket, but Amazon has a number of them.

Thats interesting. I have a idea to rotisserie drumsticks with out a rack. I will have to test it out and post results. It will probably fail, but fun to test.

drums.jpg

Last edited:
Back