THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thx for the kind words.... killer cooks like you make us look good.... we try hard to build a good one tho..... that sausage is just mouth watering!!!!!

I know how much you like Conecuh on the smoker, mine will give it a run for the money if you want to try it here's a small and large batch recipe.

I only use American hog casings, tough to find but they can be had from a company called Syracuse casing in New York they are hand graded and pre-tubed each length makes a 10lb. roll of sausage.

I can send you some casing holler if you want I'll get 'em to you.

In The Pit BBQ Polish Kielbasa Sausage:

Trim and grind 5 pounds of pork butt through a course plate then 2nd grind with 1/4” or 3/16” plate layer the seasonings in on the first grind.

Use 35/38mm casing @ 2’ per lb. (Syracuse casing is best)

3 tablespoons of salt
1 1/2 tablespoon of black pepper
2 tablespoon marjoram
2 tablespoon minced garlic
½ cup cold water & couple ice cubes through the grinder on the 2nd grind

Refrigerate overnight to stuff the next day.

Large Batch

Trim and grind 40 pounds of pork butt
1 ½ cups of salt
¾ cup black pepper
1 cup marjoram
1 cup minced garlic
4 cups cold water & grind some ice cubes every 10 pounds on the 2nd grind

Last edited:
I usually use sweet red bell's when I stuff peppers, but I'm definitely going your route the next time. Long live the mighty Poblano!

I usually use sweet red bell's when I stuff peppers, but I'm definitely going your route the next time. Long live the mighty Poblano!

Turns out some of these poblanos were mightier than average, they must have grown them next to a crop of jalapenos because some of them lit you up like a cheap bag of fireworks lol!

I actually really liked the ones that were hot, never had them quite like some of these turned out the heat was a nice surprise.

again thx for the recipes!!!!!! very kind of you to share..... thx for the info on the casings i will order some and i too am bookmarking this post!!!!!!!!!!!

Next time your doing a Veteran's cook let me know and I'll get enough sausage down to ya to feed everybody ten times over I appreciate all you do!!!

Back