Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Rock N' Ribs--Springfield MO April 16th/17th

Nice contest! You definitely are busy! Thanks to those I got to visit with, and sorry I missed those that came by and I missed you!
I was surprised as to how well it all clicked, everything was just like we'd left off last fall.

2nd in chicken, 5th in ribs, 2nd in pork, and 1st in brisket. And, I had entered us into the Kingsford Challenge, so we'll be getting a nice check from those folks.

Cingrats to all that walked this weekend! Meatburner got a call and I'm hollering "BBQ Brethren"

Thanks Gary as we didn't have our game on but didn't get skunked at least. It was really great to meet you all. Your bride was at the awards when I came by and was so excited about your success. It really made me proud of you all and enjoyed your company. It was cool, when your GC was announced, my wife said, "that's your Brethren friends isn't it?" It was great to see them win. Congrats!

Man I wish I had driven down Friday night instead of Saturday. We hadn't planned to be in Springfield over the weekend but I sold one of my Hasty Bakes to a friend and ran it down. By the time we got there the good stuff was over. :(

Congrats, Mr. Kick! It sure looks like you've got the briskie down so far this year (or did you get more Templeton Rye?). ;>)

Congrat's Belly Brothers--would have liked to meet you guys, but always seem to get tied up and can't venture far from the booth. Never got to see Keith from Meat Burners either and Sertoma Jim only at the very end. It ended up being a great weekend for BBQ and I think it's the strongest field I've ever seen at Rock N Ribs. BBQ keeps getting tougher

Clark

Clark Kent

Congrat's Belly Brothers--would have liked to meet you guys, but always seem to get tied up and can't venture far from the booth. Never got to see Keith from Meat Burners either and Sertoma Jim only at the very end. It ended up being a great weekend for BBQ and I think it's the strongest field I've ever seen at Rock N Ribs. BBQ keeps getting tougher

Clark

Clark Kent

Well...I think there is a possibility that we did "kind of' meet....Friday night, do you remember a little short, fat, good looking guy (damn, I'm not modest..LOL) coming through your site saying "do you know John Berkbuegler from MFA? I'm supposed to tell you Hi..." That was me.....:becky:
Your team mate that's the banker and John know each other....

Ok--I remember--that's my brother in law Ron. Do you know Brian Anderson @ MFA in Columbia? -- he is an old friend of mine.

I just realized that after I got my meat stolen, I forgot to sign up for the Kingsford challenge -- that would have been a major let down since I use the stuff. Anyway, you got to be happy with that overall score--really solid the rest of the field wasn't even close.

Great to meet you --

Clark

Back