Contest Results Roc City Rib Fest

Kudos to Smokin' Hoggz on their repeat GC and to KC & The Smokeshack Band on the RGC. We love this contest. So well run and accommodating for all the teams. It was another awesome year at Roc City and we can't wait for next years already.

Thank you for all your hard work in organizing - The Good Smoke crew and volunteers work their butts off to make sure ll the teams have a great experience.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the congrats!! We had such an Awesome time in Roc City. Congrats to KC and the Smoke Shack Band for their RGC and all who got calls for KCBS. Congrats to Stubborn Bull for NEBS Grilling GC and Pork Butt and Chicken Legs for RGC and all who got calls.

A huge Thank you to Brian and The Good Smoke Staff for putting on a fantastic contest. Fantabulously Awesome!!!! Already looking forward to next year!!!

Butt Hutt had a awesome time, we love this comp cant wait till next year. We loved being by the Buckner bros (like always-I got it!) and loved meeting our neighbors Philly Blind Pig and Zombie BBQ, those guys were great!

Black Bark BBQ had fun (did consistently great last year in KCBS & consistently poor this year - oh well...the competition is tough!) Watching my son take 2nd place in kidsQ made our weekend !!! Congrats to all.
Special congrats to our neighbor: Basic BBQ for taking 1st in pork! It was a pleasure !!!!!
Jon & Brian & crew....awesome job !!!!

Congrats to all who heard their name called!

And yes, a no turn in equals a zero. A late one gets a DQ score.

With neighbors like the family Black Bark & Galloway this contest would have been a good time without the top notch organizing crew and facility. We had an amazing good time and will definitely be back next year.

OF course to get our first category win at a KCBS contest is awesome. It just shows how much the NEBS crew has taught us over the past year.

My favorite moment of the weekend was Sunday am as the pressure of the final hours was beginning...here comes Billy (Smokin Hoggz) to say hello and wish us luck...the fact that top teams think to do things like this shows how special is this community to which we belong.

Congrats to all that heard their name and even those that did not.

Back