Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Roc City Rib Fest, Rochester, NY May 24-27

Pork Barrel BBQ is making the trip up from Washington, D.C. This will be our first time cooking this competition, but all we here is great things about it! See you in a few weeks!

Pork Barrel BBQ is making the trip up from Washington, D.C. This will be our first time cooking this competition, but all we here is great things about it! See you in a few weeks!

Best comp we do. It's nice that it's only 15 minutes from home, but I'd travel 10 hours to do this comp. Brian and his team put on the best comp, totally team-orientated including Friday night beer truck party, free ice, free garbage plates on Saturday night (if you don't know, you will), and mimosas on Sunday morning. And you could not imagine a better venue, sitting right on the shores of Lake Ontario. This may be your first time to the ROC, but it won't be your last!

Stop down and say hi to Buckner Brothers (we'll be located in the back corner where the pier and boardwalk meet). There's about 40 people claiming to be a Buckner, so it's hard to miss us.

Stop down and say hi to Buckner Brothers (we'll be located in the back corner where the pier and boardwalk meet). There's about 40 people claiming to be a Buckner, so it's hard to miss us.

Most of them don't come out until after dark, so you are safe during daylight.
:becky:

Yeah, I drove to Virginia for the Sam's Regional last year, checked out a local BBQ joint, and ran in to a Buckner Brother. What are the odds of a random Buckner Brother sighting? Much, much higher than with any other team. :becky:

Yeah, I drove to Virginia for the Sam's Regional last year, checked out a local BBQ joint, and ran in to a Buckner Brother. What are the odds of a random Buckner Brother sighting? Much, much higher than with any other team. :becky:

HA! Elliott told me about that random running-into. Gotta love the world of Q...you never know who and where you'll run into people you know!

• Thanks
Reactions: CBQ

Stopping at a BBQ joint also dramatically increased your odds.

Less than two weeks out! Here are the latest counts according to the Roc City site...

KCBS: 90 teams
World Bacon Championship: 49 teams
Kids: 29 teams
Roc City Rib Cook-off: 113

Gonna be a blast! Fingers crossed that we hear a different GC than the past two years. If Smokin' Hoggz wins again, I'm throwing Bill off the end of the pier.

John Galt BBQ Company will be there again... trying to make all turn-ins and not be dead ass last! :) high hopes I know.

www.brockportbbqfest.com June 21-23 at Northampton Park. Lots of room left for teams!

Back