THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whiskey Bent has caught the parsley bug! Great to meet you guys, see you again on the circuit soon. Let me know when you want to schedule that Ice Fishing trip, plenty of ice on the lakes by mid-January.

Roc City Ribfest, Rochester, NY was my first KCBS since the Royal and the Jack in 2003. I took 5th in Ribs and Brisket and RGC (BBQHOG.com). The cooker was a brand new one week old Lang 84 fueled with Kingsford Original and Walmart wood chunks. Meat was a single package of each from Sam's club. The Brisket was a Big Angus from Sam's in Texas the rest from Buffalo NY Sam's bought after lunch at the Anchor Bar. Rub was BBQ Institute standard 4 ingredient rub made on Friday in front of the students used with a blend of grocery store BBQ sauces. Equipment was minimal as I flew in. Basically cooked solo, master judge candidate/student runner and Smokestack my Beagle for good luck. I was more than a little surprised to get called for RGC. I was one point behind GC and one point in front of reigning world champions iQue :-D

Last edited by a moderator:
Roc City Ribfest, Rochester, NY was my first KCBS since the Royal and the Jack in 2003. I took 5th in Ribs and Brisket and RGC (BBQHOG.com). The cooker was a brand new one week old Lang 84 fueled with Kingsford Original and Walmart wood chunks. Meat was a single package of each from Sam's club. The Brisket was a Big Angus from Sam's in Texas the rest from Buffalo NY Sam's bought after lunch at the Anchor Bar. Rub was BBQ Institute standard 4 ingredient rub made on Friday in front of the students used with a blend of grocery store BBQ sauces. Equipment was minimal as I flew in. Basically cooked solo, master judge candidate/student runner and Smokestack my Beagle for good luck. I was more than a little surprised to get called for RGC. I was one point behind GC and one point in front of reigning world champions iQue :-D

Congrats on the job well done. Seems you are very proud!:thumb:

This was my first competition. We had a blast!! What a beatiful venue for this type of event.

Scored fourth place in Chicken and First place for pork

Well I can say that I had fun :icon_blush:.......have definitely cooked better.

In any case, it was a good contest and enjoyed getting to put more faces with names out there.

Congrats to those who got a call. :clap2:

Great job, Whiskey Bent!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Congrats to every one who walked!!! Full results from the non-KCBS comps are on the website http://www.roccityribfest.com.

I would like to personally thanks all the teams, judges and other Brethren who came out to Roc City this weekend, we had a record breaking event with close to 20,000 people!!! Can't wait to see you all later in the season when my hair is not so on fire. I've got to get some sleep :-D.

This was my first competition. We had a blast!! What a beatiful venue for this type of event.

Scored fourth place in Chicken and First place for pork[/QUOTE)

Guess those boxes turned out pretty good! ;0)

Yes - Thanks so much for your Help!!!! I have cooked plenty of BBQ but preparing a box is a whole new set of learnings...

Back