THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Hey guys hows it going? Well last time I tried to do roast beef on the Silverbac I just didn't like it.. I didn't have a meat thermometer to get it done perfectly and something about smoking at 225 wasn't cutting it.

Wanted to attempt it and the missus requested roast beef.. Took a different approach here.. I started the cook at 450 cooked for 15 minutes. then dropped temp to 325 til IT was 130-135. This was also top round roasts

Seasoned with oak ridge SPGOS... Gotta get more of this stuff!

rOShjJIl.jpg

This is the roasts coming off the cooker. When I get time to slice I'll post again
7yjmKI7l.jpg

Here we go.. Sliced one of the roasts.. Just ziplock bagged the other. gonna cut it cold later..

I have a question tho.. Has anyone ever froze med-rare/med beef like this to slice and eat cold later? Is it safe?

This hands down is the best way to make roast beef. I will not smoke the roast beef at 225 til done again.. Looks like the high temp gave it a nice crust then dropping it down helped create pretty much a wall to wall pink middle.

Quw98gll.jpg

I smoke mine till 130 internal. Place in fridge. Overnight. Slice the next day. You can put in the freezer for an hour and really get some thin slices. I use. $100 cheap electric slicer.

Attachments

• 20180421_151232.jpg
    20180421_151232.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 117
I smoke mine till 130 internal. Place in fridge. Overnight. Slice the next day. You can put in the freezer for an hour and really get some thin slices. I use. $100 cheap electric slicer.

Lucky.... All hand cut here! Ever freeze it for later use? I probably shouldn't have got two roasts but I know we can eat it within the next few days. lol

Foodsaver vacuum machine via Costco. Freezes well. My sons come visit and go shopping in my freezer. They love sandwiches made from it . Me I just dab Mayo on it, roll it up and shove in mouth.

Foodsaver vacuum machine via Costco. Freezes well. My sons come visit and go shopping in my freezer. They love sandwiches made from it . Me I just dab Mayo on it, roll it up and shove in mouth.

Yeah. I'm getting ready to purchase a new vacuum sealer.. I have a cheap $50 foodsaver.. I never had much issue with it. But after losing seal quite a few times I don't use it and never bought a new one.

Main reason why I cut the small one left the other whole was to freeze the whole and slice it in a few days. But after the missus started munching on it and I ate a little bit too.. we decided there's no need to freeze it. we'll have it ate by the next few days anyways. lol

Back