Roadside Chicken

That looks awesome .... could use some of that for lunch today

Roadside chicken has become one of my family's favorites.

It's even made it on to the "approved" list of my youngest son, the picky/afraid to try anything new eater!

Great looking bird Larry!

A bit off topic....Where can I find one of those little elevated grates?

Back on topic....how bout a quick breakdown of the brocolli salad? I love wooster sauce, but was wondering if a sauce like Dale's might work in this recipe as well.

Did a test batch of the Roadside Chicken today to test and see how it would be for my daughters graduation party. I followed the recipe to a T, grilled to 180 degrees, did a taste test with my wife and myself then cracked a smile from ear to ear. I finally found a recipe that makes chicken not taste like boring old chicken! Very moist.We have a hit here and will be doing around forty pounds for the party. Great recipe. Thankyou all. Oh yeah I did the pic thing.
Picture080.jpg

Wow i tried this today. It is good stuff. I marinated the chicken for about 7-8 hours while i slept and used my 18.5 WSM extension grill, i made it using some washers and long bolts. Put over on the 22.5" kettle. It worked out great. Some pieces got a little crispy but the chicken was great. Gonna be a new favorite around the house.

I'm gonna give this a try this weekend. 7-8 hours of marinating wasn't too much; right?

I didnt think so. I work nights so there was no way i would wake up mid afternoon to prep this and go back to sleep. so i just did it around 10 am before i went to bed and put it on the cooker around 6pm It was great. my skin got a little crispy on a few pieces but that was just cause i was in a rush and didnt let the cooker come down a little more before i threw em on there. I left my camera in my buddies truck in dallas so no pics for a while till i get back there to get it.

I didnt think so. I work nights so there was no way i would wake up mid afternoon to prep this and go back to sleep. so i just did it around 10 am before i went to bed and put it on the cooker around 6pm It was great. my skin got a little crispy on a few pieces but that was just cause i was in a rush and didnt let the cooker come down a little more before i threw em on there. I left my camera in my buddies truck in dallas so no pics for a while till i get back there to get it.
No pics never happened:tongue:

Just did forty pounds of this recipe but I cut out 1/2 of the vinegar and replaced it with apple juice. It came out a little sweeter with less of a vinegar taste and super moist.

Back