Ribs In The Oven

Angio333

I'm cooking ribs tomorrow, but will have access to a grill or a smoker. Would the 3-2-1 method work in the oven? If so, should I cook them at 225 degrees? Thanks.

Oven Ribs ?? :eek:

If you must... Same method would work... 225 is always good. Just keep a close eye on doneness during that last hour so they don't overcook.

I'm cooking ribs tomorrow, but will have access to a grill or a smoker. Would the 3-2-1 method work in the oven? If so, should I cook them at 225 degrees? Thanks.

Just noticed that I said I will have access to a grill or smoker tomorrow. I meant I will NOT have access to a smoker or grill.

Thanks. I would prefer to grill or smoke them, but oven ribs are better than no ribs.

My momma always said, "If you can't say something nice..."

If you must 3-2-1 will work. Just promise us you won't pre-boil and use liquid smoke.

I have pre-smoked and finished in the oven - anyway you can do that? Actually turned out fairly good.

Whatever you do, dont boil them.....
Follow this and have the the best ribs to ever come out of an oven. Trim your ribs as normal. Apply your spice rub/marinade or whatever you normally do for the bbq. Lay the ribs on a sheet of foil and slather both sides wth bbq sauce or whatever you like to slather with (mustard/bbq sauce etc). Bring the sides of the foil up to create a steam pocket and wrap them tightly in foil. Place the foil wrapped ribs on a sheet pan and put in a 250 to 275 degree oven. Let them go for 2 1/2 hours. Open the foil up carefully as there will be lot's of steam. There will be a ton of juices in the foil. DO NOT DISCARD. Poor off the juices in a bowl. Slather the ribs up with BBQ Sauce and throw them on the Grill (if accessable or a grill pan on the stove top) to glaze and crisp. (I'm assuming you dont have a grill handy which is why you're asking about oven ribs). Turn them and mop them with the reserved drippings/juices every 15 minutes until the sauce is carmelized and glazed, as is done often for BBQ Competition... Cut em and eat em.

Remember, nothing beats a BBQ'd rib but like I said, these are the best ribs to come out of an oven...

Edit: Just read your post again and realized that you dont have access to a grill...To glaze them, you can use a stove top grill pan. Do you have one??

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand there was a rib cooking class recently that taught people how to cook ribs in the oven. Bubba do you remember who taught that class?

Angio, when its below zero here I do ribs in the oven.
I run the oven at 250 and figure 5 hours for a rack.
Half hour before their done I baste them w/favorite bbq sauce.
I do that two times at 15 minute intervals.
You dont get the smoke flavor, but my ribs dont seem to dry out much.
Good luck.

Back