Ribs for a friends Birthday / Poker Potluck

MikeMCI, come on by, get some eats, and play some poker. Other side of town from you, but might be worth it. :mrgreen:

7350 Tezel Road, 78250

MikeMCI, come on by, get some eats, and play some poker. Other side of town from you, but might be worth it. :mrgreen:

7350 Tezel Road, 78250

I'm just pulling your leg Terry, but thank you for the gesture anyway! We are semi-close neighbors and should probably plan something. Have a great time at your party! :grin:

Great looking ribs. I love the color. The pic finished in the rack is the money shot for the TD. Just don't send in the pic with your toes.

Why the drip pan?

Ribs look great, however I am curious why you have the metal drip pan. One of the things I like about my WSM is that the drippings fall into the water and do not create a grease smoke which imparts a different flavor than wood smoke.

I'm just pulling your leg Terry, but thank you for the gesture anyway! We are semi-close neighbors and should probably plan something. Have a great time at your party! :grin:

Thanks Mike. Fun was had by all and no ribs returned home. My wife is a bartender at this bar. I try to cook a couple times a month. If you see a post where I am taking it to the bar, you are always invited. Would love to meet a Brethren. ;)

Ribs look great.

Saw your toes in that first set of pics...Mongo, is that you?

Yeah, unfortunately, I can be identified by my toes. Mom said it was due to a favorite pair of shoes I would wear after I grew out of them. :confused:

Ribs look great, however I am curious why you have the metal drip pan. One of the things I like about my WSM is that the drippings fall into the water and do not create a grease smoke which imparts a different flavor than wood smoke.

NEQ, I don't use water in my pan. I did it once, but based off that cook, and everything I read, I don't plan to again unless I am forced to cook something at a really LOW temperature.

My water pan is double foiled. I have a terra cotta based that is double foiled. And to make clean up even easier, I throw a cheap turkey roasting pan in there. The cheap pan collects the major drippings. The terra cotta collects heat and allows my temps to stay stable when I open the lid.

I rinse out or replace the cheap pan every so many cooks and the foil when necessary. No water to get rid of and my temps are more stable.

Oh, and some of us like when that grease sizzles. Especially with pork. That's just more flavor you are missing out on. :wink:

Nice job! No way the potato salad can compete with those ribs.

Ummm... Yeah. Everyone loved my ribs. But all they kept talking about was the potato salad. Not bad for a Korean woman that learned American Potato Salad from her ex-mother-in-law. I used to make that and Mac salad. No more.

But thanks... :mrgreen:

Note to self: When responding after several refreshing beverages, remember that there is a multi-quote button.

Ribs look great.

Saw your toes in that first set of pics...Mongo, is that you?

When I saw those toes scrunched and gripping the ground I though, "Hey, he stands like I do. Guess we are brother and sister!" :laugh:

Ribs looked delicious, even in the crock pot, I'm sure they were a big hit. Looked juicy and meaty, good on you, brother. :becky:

You know, I have gone back and seen several food pron photos where my ugly toes sneak in at the bottom. Have to start being more careful about that. Don't want to scare anyone off... :mrgreen:

If that all it takes, they need to be gone, brother. :laugh: I thought they were just gripping the ground. First thing you do when turning a cartwheel, get a good grip then point your toes when they're up in the air.

Mine just do that naturally. And I still wear 10 1/2's. If they were straight, I might need 11 1/2's. Have to wear the wides...

Back