THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
We had a party last Sunday and made what I have been told are the best ribs we have done to date. The problem is, Big Al and I each only got one. I did get a picture of them but let's just say I was enjoying the party and it wasn't the best picture I have ever taken..
To resolve the lack of ribs last weekend we threw on 4 racks of St. Loius cut spares and 2 fatties - one maple and one sage. The Sage fattie is already history, and the maple is for our neighbors, along with a rack or two.
Here is the start of the cook this morning...
RibsandFatties090509.jpg

The fatties are straight out of the package - no stuffing, no rub (except what came off my hands from the ribs) , no bacon blanket.
Royal Oak with cherry and apple for flavor.

What time is dinner? Char and I are on the way. Good looking eats.

Post Pron...

Here are the after pics.
Not as tasty as I have had in the past - same rub, same wood mix, but just tasted kind of flat. Go figure...
DSC_0441.jpg

DSC_0447.jpg

You realize, of course, that I had to go get some JD Maple sausage tonight because of this post... right? To go with the ribs tomorrow (assuming I can fit everything on the egg)?

Lynn - sometimes you can do everything exact or right and it's just the ribs.. you described it right... "flat".. I've made a bunch of "flat" ribs where I did everything as I planned but in the end something was lacking.

either way great job on this and also pleasing the crowd at the party last week with the other rack.

Hey Becka - you may need to stack them - I am sure you will find a way to make it work!

Thanks Vinny - I was bummed since I sent some ribs and a fattie up to the neighbors.. come to think of it, I didn't see them at all today.... uh oh....

Back