THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rus_bro

Full Fledged Farker
I started a thread a week or so ago about the Cap steaks and thought id build on it with this one.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245013

Went to Costco and they had none in the case, but I was on a mission. I had the butcher cut and roll some up for me. Atleast i know it hasnt been sitting in the case, as i watched him trim the cap off of a ribeye rack and roll and tie them.

The wife wanted more of a STEAK rather than strips of steak, and i pretty much agreed. So fired up the CopperKettle to about 300* with KBB w/ a couple chunks of Pecan and went 2 zone till i hit 120* IT. Pulled and let sit for 15mins. Put a blowdryer on the coals and seared/flamed them for a couple of mins on each side. Served w/ roasted broccoli, and a very nice salad.

Hard to tell from the pix, but they are about a pound each and around 2"thick.

Hands down one of the best steaks iv ever had. Imagine smoking a stick of butter injected w/ meat from the Gods. It was kinda like getting a kiss on the neck from an angel.

Sorry for the poor plated pix, for some reason i couldnt get the lighting right. My cooking is coming around, now i am going to need to work on my picture taking if i ever want a career as a Instagram picture taker of meat.:drama:

20170415_173918_zps5u2j8mze.jpg

20170415_185413_zpsymhqufij.jpg

20170415_200003_zpsysxkj0au.jpg

b1d1913b-f5ae-4cfd-9280-a8c45fb63237_zps1ipppmhk.jpg

rb

I've seen them there for so long, but always balked at $19.99/lb. I'll pick some up the next time I'm there...those look amazing. Convinced.

Yes, when Prime rib goes on sale, buy one with a nice cap on it, then trim it off to make the cap steaks. They are without a doubt, the best steak you will ever eat!!!

Back