Ribapalooza Sauk Rapids Mn 6/18-19

Smokin' Joe

is one Smokin' Farker
Anybody know anything about is new event for 2010? I've tried to contact them, buut my emails just bounce back. Mainly wondering if its going to be a state championship and if an application is available yet.

Ribapalooza

Sauk Rapids, MN
Starts: 06/18/2010
Ends: 06/19/2010
KCBS Reps: DEBRA GAGE, WILLIAM GAGE

Contact Information:
Melissa Medford
619 W Saint Germain St
St. Cloud, MN 56301
Phone: 320-203-4846
Fax: 320-251-8952
promotions@leighton-stcloud.com

Joe - the last I heard they were finalizing details on a location. I've heard nothing of purse. I did get an immediate response from Melissa right after I saw the sanctioning but have seen/heard nothing since.

Joe - the last I heard they were finalizing details on a location. I've heard nothing of purse. I did get an immediate response from Melissa right after I saw the sanctioning but have seen/heard nothing since.

Thanks! After seeing your message I sent her another message via a different email account and got a quick reply from her. She sent me the application. Looks like a pretty solid event.

$5000 purse
Pays top 5
Benton Co Fairgrounds
$200 entry
20X30 spots
Free electric

They are not sure on the State Championship designation yet, I told her it is important (or would be to some). Hopefully they get that.

You will likely see us there, you doing Austin?

Great Joe! I think she has been working with, or at least in contact with, some of our MN BBQ Society folks so she should have a good idea of what is needed. Designation would be high on the list! I expect with close proximity to the Twin Cities it will be well attended. We are planning on Austin. Probably not Owatonna though. By moving theres back a week it is the same as Huron now. We really like Huron so have made our commitment there instead.

GB - Candi and Bush run a really nice contest. It's one of the most enjoyable ones we attend. Sounds like Aberdeen is having problems though, huh? They've got a little time to the 90 day rule but it didn't sound good when I called the chamber to inquire.

I heard the same thing from the gal at Aberdeen. Bummer, I had a good time there last year. There's only so many of these contests close enough to home for me to make it to.

Back