THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I was at Wally World a couple weeks back and they had trays of "rib tips" that had been buzzsawed into ~1.5" thick strips. I like ribs, so into the cart they went. I've used Q-Salt a couple times now and enjoyed the results on pork, but I also got a "tester" in my order called "To All The Ribs I've Rubbed Before" I've been meaning to use, so I did two sections Q-Salt and two "TATRIRB". Busy afternoon in the garage so onto the Mak they went.

The Q-Salt tips were great as always, but the "TATRIRB" ones were a nice surprise...lots going on there. Aside from the occasional SPOG I might mix up, it's not often I do ribs without a sugary rub, and these were pretty good :thumb: I'm going to have to do a full slab with it in the next week or two for further research.

After a second look, i dunno if i would call them rib tips. Did they band saw spares in half? I would imagine that would be just as good as Rib tips. Especially for a crowd. People would be less likely to fill a plate with a 1/2 rack if they are cut into bite sized pieces.

Back