Rhythm 'n QUE will be back at the Jack!

Looks like the Post Falls, ID event scheduled for this weekend has been cancelled, I hadn't seen that until now. Which makes the Boise event the only sanctioned event for Idaho.

SWEET!

Looks like the Post Falls, ID event scheduled for this weekend has been cancelled, I hadn't seen that until now. Which makes the Boise event the only sanctioned event for Idaho.

SWEET!

Brian, we owe you a true debt of gratitude as it was you who pointed out to us in the Montana State Championship thread that there only needed to be a 15 team count for a state that only has a single qualifier. Every one of us at the contest in Boise that day thought we needed to have 25 teams.

So, we contacted the folks at Jack Daniel's, explained the situation and asked them if we were interpreting the rule correctly. They looked into it and called us today to let us know Boise would, indeed, be an "automatic".

Again, thank you very much for pointing out that rule. We might have missed out on our opportunity had you not done so.

Brian, we owe you a true debt of gratitude as it was you who pointed out to us in the Montana State Championship thread that there only needed to be a 15 team count for a state that only has a single qualifier. Every one of us at the contest in Boise that day thought we needed to have 25 teams.

So, we contacted the folks at Jack Daniel's, explained the situation and asked them if we were interpreting the rule correctly. They looked into it and called us today to let us know Boise would, indeed, be an "automatic".

Again, thank you very much for pointing out that rule. We might have missed out on our opportunity had you not done so.

Inquiring minds have to know!

I knew Stevensville, MT was not a first year contest, Boise ID certainly was not. There was talk about issues with Post Falls ID event when we cooked Cheney, WA last month and never heard any official cancellation. So I suppose unless the reps in Boise were waiting for something to happen with Post Falls, you guys would have been celebrating sooner than now!

I think you owe me big time! Come and cook a PNWBA event with us!!

Congratulations!!

Inquiring minds have to know!

I knew Stevensville, MT was not a first year contest, Boise ID certainly was not. There was talk about issues with Post Falls ID event when we cooked Cheney, WA last month and never heard any official cancellation. So I suppose unless the reps in Boise were waiting for something to happen with Post Falls, you guys would have been celebrating sooner than now!

I think you owe me big time! Come and cook a PNWBA event with us!!

Congratulations!!

It was announced a few days before the Boise contest that the Post Falls event was being cancelled. I believe it was Dave from Packer Backer BBQ who broke the news. Something about the primary sponsor of the Post Falls event not being about to fulfill the commitment. Jim Monihan, the KCBS Rep assigned to both Boise and Post Falls, confirmed the Post Falls cancellation to the teams in Boise but, as I said earlier, we were all of the belief that we needed a 25 team minimum in order for the "automatic" to be in play.

Thank goodness you posted the correct info when discussing the Montana event! That was when we started to get excited but, we wanted to make sure that everything was accurate with Jack Daniel's before we said anything publicly about it.

Getting up to the Pacific Northwest is something we would love to do. We just need to find the right place and time to make it happen.

I'm not feeling the love. Must have used invisible type in that thread. ;)

That is an awesome achievement, now go win another blue ribbon :)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I'm not feeling the love. Must have used invisible type in that thread. ;)

That is an awesome achievement, now go win another blue ribbon :)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Wow, my bad! I just re-read that thread!

*** Hangs head in shame kind of like Meatburners avatar ***

*** Shares the love placed on swamprb on to Rub too ***

Back