Rhode Island State BBQ Champ 2012

I exchanged email with Bud. Here is the main part of my questions and a cut and paste of his answers. Big Props for answering email on New Years Eve!!!

Excerpt:

Is the following entry fee calculation correct?
1. entry fee prior to Jan 1 is $200
2. subtract $50 deposit = $150 balance
3. subtract $50 discount = $100 balance
4. add space fee of either $25 or $50
5. add NEBS Grilling costs

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Finally Is there a way to pay online today prior to Jan 1st and take advantage
of the discount?

Good Morning Patrick, this should clarify most of your questions. I now plan
to accept early registration until 1 Feb 2012 as a courtesy to everyone because
our web site did not have registration forms on it until after the original
deadline. Deposit is still $50 with early registration payment in full by 1 June
2012... your $200 early entry fee includes 20'x 40' or 20'x 20' space and
utilities... entry fee is $250 after 1 Feb 2012... please make checks payable to
"Rotary Club of Wakefield" and send your returns to Rotary Club of Wakefield,
c/o Bud Faria, 306 South Road, Wakefield, RI 02879. Thanks for your interest in
our event...
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Bud

i still don't get it.

if i send 50 by feb 1 st., how much do i owe by june? 100 or 150? or more for the "space" fee?

I am all the way on the other side of the state, which in RI is an hour. :becky:

On the other hand Paul and I are only 20 minutes away from the competition! This is going to be a great competition for us! If we forget anything it will only be 10 more minutes to pick it up at home than picking it up at the grocery store. :clap2:

Just an FYI for anyone that may be looking to add a few camping / vacation days to the RI contest. There is a wonderful state park in Narragansett about 20 minutes from the contest. It is called Fisherman's State Park and more info can be found here http://rhodeislandstateparks.reserv...Code=RI&parkId=252611&topTabIndex=CampingSpot The park itself is really nice and additionally is between 5 - 10 minutes from 3 beautiful beaches (Sand Hill Cove / Wheeler, Salty Brine and Scarborough. The Block Island ferry is only about 5 minutes away and is a great day trip destination to see on foot or with a bike. Of course there are many great Chowda places around too. :) If anyone is interested in the park I suggest they check it out early because spaces fill up fast (it's all those Northern Rhode Islanders like Chris that like to come down to Gansett to chill in the summer :) Paul and I live about 2 minutes from the park and we love the smell of all those camp fires in the summer.

RI Contest ***UPDATED*** Reservation Form

Hello,

Here is an updated reservation form for the RI contest.

The basics you need to know:

*This is a reservation form - full application is coming soon
*Get a depoist in by Feb 1 and recive a $50 discount
*Fee is all inculsive of your choice of Site Size (20X20 or 20X40), Water and Electricity

Projo Writeup
http://blogs.providencejournal.com/arts-entertainment/lifestyles/food-dining/2012/01/competition-barbecue-returns-to-ri-this-summer.html#.TwtkJ4l5mc0

Organizer Contact Information: [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Bud Faria Phone: 401-789-3902 [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Email: budfaria@yahoo.com [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]
[/FONT][/FONT]

Attachments

• South County Hot Air Balloon Festival BBQ.pdf
    305.9 KB · Views: 14