THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
It only took about 6 months after moving before my deep freeze, my meat fridge freezer, and my kitchen freezer were full of random vacuum sealed meat. I decided that I am going to try really hard to not buy any new meat until I put a significant dent in what I have frozen already (I just bought a new brisket yesterday, I am but a human). The weather was nice yesterday and today and I fired up the grills 2 days in a row - big deal as of late.

Fired up the Primo XL yesterday and "reverse seared" some chicken thighs. AKA 450* dome temp with the charcoal divider in, direct heat on left indirect on right. Once the thighs were just about done, I put them directly over the coals for a minute or two per side to finish things up. Oakridge BBQ Smokey Chile Lime on these. Probably could've ran the grill a bit cooler and minimized the skin pullback, but I was hungry. The thighs were super juicy.

I found a 2lb bag of 13-15 shrimp in the freezer today, thawed then onto bamboo skewers, followed by a dusting of Smokey Chile Lime again. On the gasser for a few minutes per side, probably the last cook I'll do on it before the Mak takes its place. Love Oakridge BBQ Smokey Chile Lime - Beef, pork, chicken, seafood...it does it all. I also found half a frozen baguette in the freezer and a little bit of rice left in the pantry. Random dinner concoction.

I figure I could go a solid 2-3 months just burning through my freezer stash. Most of it is cheap cuts like chicken thighs, legs, random pork butts/chops. But there's some steaks and ribs and that sort of thing in there too. I'm gonna make a game out of it. Random freezer meals.

Back