Reverse Sear NY, High Temp Brisket, and BB's

gtsum

Babbling Farker
well, I tried the finney reverse sear the other day (again) and it worked very well...these were some fat NY Strips and they did seem to be more tender then normal - I may have to try it again (I have done it before, but my normal process always seemed to give better results)...

today, I did a high heat brisket...he was 16 1/2 lbs and I ran him around 350. I foiled at 165 (a rarity for me) and pulled him when the flat hit 194 - the point was still firm so I cut him off, reseasoned the bare side and through him back on at 350 - the brisket was very, very good. And 6 hours cooking time (in this situation) beat a 22 hour cook...the taste and texture seemed a little different then my low and slow cooks (different, but still very good). I also had 3 racks of BB's on - the food went so fast these were the only pics I managed to get

as a side note, I managed by best smoke ring yet on a brisket on the primo..the only things I did different was the high heat cook, and I had the exhaust stack open about 1 inch (usually is only opened a sliver) and I did not slather with anything before rubbing..not sure which made the difference??

I see my cam has several incorrect dates on him??

Last edited:
Thanks fellas...I had done the reverse sear before, and did not care for the results..I figured my steaks were already "top notch" before, so I usually stuck with my normal method...well, I tried the reverse sear again this time and I have to say it did make it even more tender..the wife even noticed it. I will be doing it again, that is for sure

Back