Reverse Sear Cheeseburger & Fries

I waited until after lunch to look at this - glad I did!

What's the story on the bun? It looks like some thought went into the choice.

I waited until after lunch to look at this - glad I did!

What's the story on the bun? It looks like some thought went into the choice.

They were fresh baked XL buns I get at a bakery nearby. Good stuff.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Sorry Moose, it must have been those XL large buns that made them look smaller than they are. That sounds decent sized to me even though they looked small in the pics.

I've always done burgers Hot-n-Fast, I'll have to try the reverse sear next time and
see how it differs....:hungry:

Lookin' good Moose. Looks like they held their size/shape really well...not much of that shrink and/or bulge in the middle you often see with burgers.

We do something similar on occasion...have even broken out the rib-o-lator for burgers. Let's them go for a ride in the smoke for a little longer (pick up some of that smokey flavor)!!

I like the touch of adding the paper wrapper, it helps cram it all into the mouth without everything "slipping out of the backdoor":-D

Great looking burger Moose! :becky:

You sharpening up for the pending TD? :heh:

I do the Reverse Sear on my Mini with ground Wagyu brisket burgers. The fat from the burgers is really too much!

Is there anything that can't ( or shouldn't be ) Reverse Seared?!

Nice Job Moose!

Lookin' good Moose. Looks like they held their size/shape really well...not much of that shrink and/or bulge in the middle you often see with burgers.

We do something similar on occasion...have even broken out the rib-o-lator for burgers. Let's them go for a ride in the smoke for a little longer (pick up some of that smokey flavor)!!

I've noticed that when I start burgers indirect, they do retain their shape better. Probably has something to do with the fat rendering more slowly...

Wow! First off, my burgers always plump up even if when I place an indent in them with the back of a spoon. 2nd - the freshness of it all looks amazing. Even the tomato looks mouthwatering. Nicely done!

Back