Reverse Flow In Progress

That is looking fantastic!

Are you gonna have a grill option in the firebox? I have one in my Klose and I use it all the time - really great for the end of a cook when all the big pieces of meat are done and you're down to dogs, burgers, some quick drumsticks, etc.

That is looking fantastic!

Are you gonna have a grill option in the firebox? I have one in my Klose and I use it all the time - really great for the end of a cook when all the big pieces of meat are done and you're down to dogs, burgers, some quick drumsticks, etc.
I don't know, but it sure sounds like a good thing to have. Is it a grate that you slide in and out as needed?

looks great, I'm always a fan of some good metal fabbin. I'm curious to see how the first smoke goes, that's a BIG firebox. If you can keep the temp down to manageable temps, than I won't worry about the exact size of my future firebox either. thanks for the post!

I don't know, but it sure sounds like a good thing to have. Is it a grate that you slide in and out as needed?

yep. mine has a 3 different levels and you can slide the grate out when you don't need it. lemme know if you want me to send a pic.

Very nice Blue!!! I'm diggin' the look!!

You have a link to the Phrasty build you're refering to? Pretty sure I've seen it but I'm thinking of hacking into a 1,000 gallon and would like to see other builds...

Thanks!

Here's a shot of the firebox in my Klose with the grill option. As you can see the grill slides out and there are a few levels. Also might be worth mentioning that there is a tray on the bottom that slides out for easy cleaning (and replaceable in the unlikely event that ever becomes necessary). Hope that helps & if you want any more pix from another angle lemme know.

firebox.jpg

Here's a shot of the firebox in my Klose with the grill option. As you can see the grill slides out and there are a few levels. Also might be worth mentioning that there is a tray on the bottom that slides out for easy cleaning (and replaceable in the unlikely event that ever becomes necessary). Hope that helps & if you want any more pix from another angle lemme know.
That is a slick idea! Thanks for the pic:-D

Damn Tang, I'm getting jealous of yours now! It's coming together awesome! Looking forward to some more progress! :thumb:

Cheers

Well, been a while since I've posted on this. Finally got it ready to season.

Putting in the RF plates
reflo1.jpg

reflo3.jpg

reflo4.jpg

reflo5.jpg

On the trailer
reflo7.jpg

reflo8.jpg

Found these ceiling fan pipes at Lowes for .53 on clearance!
reflo12.jpg

Drilled them up for door handles
reflo11.jpg

reflo10.jpg

Had originally plumbed it for two cook racks. On Phrasty's suggestion, I added a third:thumb:
reflo9.jpg

Went with two 36" stacks 'cause the 3.5 diameter called for one 66" height, too high, too high.....
reflo14.jpg

A table, for sure!
reflo13.jpg

Got a few things to do yet, but tomorrow I'm firing it up!
reflo16.jpg

reflo15.jpg

A little arse heavy, need thermo's, two more cooking grates, but with all the mistakes, I am stoked. Without all the input from you all, this would not have happened, Thank you. Thanks for looking, and I'll see you tomorrow; ribs!!!!

Back