Restored a Old Country Wrangler Smoker To Use For Now

BBQ Freak

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
BBQ Mojo
I had to sell my Shirley due to being on short term disability to pay bills off so I could afford to live on the pay so I bought a used Old Country Wrangler smoker to get by and have cooked on similar smokers and still made great BBQ . I only paid $250 and have $50 in supplies and gave me something to do for a few days and was surprised as how they are well built and was made of some heavier steel . I will be seasoning it tomorrow and curing the paint and here are a few pics and added a video too if you like to view . https://youtu.be/Ma3nnV8L1IQ

Attachments

• 06 new pic.jpg
    06 new pic.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 314
  • 012 new pic.jpg
    012 new pic.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 313
Nice restoration work on the video - looking FW to seeing how you like this little smoker. :cool:

Any reason while you had it down to bare metal you didn't just torch it and spread some linseed oil? Patinas look great, but they are more upkeep. I bet you'll enjoy the Q off of that smoker and know it's not much money into it.

My Old Country pit was pretty similar to that. It was the same depth, but slightly longer than the Wrangler and shorter than the Pecos. I sold it when I got my Franklin. I'll check out that video when I get a chance.

Looks like a great restoration and I can't wait to see the goodies that come off of it. Best of luck getting back on your feet and the issues behind you!

Got my Lava Lock Tuning plate today and was real impressed with the quality and fit , made a little bit bigger fire basket and cut a heavy duty foil tray and shaped for easier ash clean out . Hopefully I will get to try out tomorrow or Sunday and do some side to side temp test and see where it is at .

Attachments

• 200.jpg
    200.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 201.jpg
    201.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 202.jpg
    202.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 203.jpg
    203.jpg