Restaurant depot recommendations?

It did but a rep came on here said it was good just talk to a manager if you have problems and bring a copy of the kcbs depo card last time was the first time they ask for it.

Thanks everyone. Picked up some tri tip, brisket, and some st louis cut ribs, and a 15$ 24 pack of arizona iced tea. I saw some "hanging tenders" and didn't know if it was hanger steaks or not, but since googling it I have figured out that it is in fact a hanger steak, and cooking it is probably similar to tri tip I would imagine. I will probably get more pork next time as well- pork butt was around 1.30 a lb and I'm pretty sure picnics were less than a dollar a lb if you bought them by the case. They also had a good amount of dexter russell knives which were very reasonably priced, even for dexter russell.

I'm addicted to bacon, so i specifically decided not to buy any because I don't know what would happen if I ever had 10 pounds of it.

It's a shame you have to be a business. :(

In Washington State you can get a business license for $20. If you don't have any business income you don't have to file. With a business license it's easy to set up an account at RD, Grainger and other places that require one.

If you go to RD four times a year think of it as paying $5 each time, so plan to buy enough to make that back in savings. What I like about them is that they often carry things I can't find other places, like the back quarter of a goat, for example.

seattlepitboss

All they wanted from me was my employers tax ID (also known as the Employee ID number) they wanted a copy of that form that is filed with the IRS

I am not using tax exempt status, my profession has nothing to do wit the food industry (I work for an automotive company)

the gal did not care. All she needed was that form and now I am a member!

People dont believe me when I tell them this, but its true

Same here, except they wanted my MN state tax ID. They didn't care about the federal ID. They also wanted the original (no copies allowed) of my MN state LLC certificate with all renewals since inception.

Same here, except they wanted my MN state tax ID. They didn't care about the federal ID. They also wanted the original (no copies allowed) of my MN state LLC certificate with all renewals since inception.

It must be different in how they handle it at different locations.

I did have a copy of my companys biz licence, I tried giving it to her, she did not want to see it.

All she was interested in was a copy of that IRS form

Some of my regular purchases there include:

*5 lb bags of mozzarella cheese (which I then portion into 1-2 lb portions and vacuum seal & freeze for later) -- It's CHEAP there!

*Royal Oak Lump Charcoal - I think I pay just under $10 for a 18 lb BIG bag

*10 lb boxes of bacon is pretty cheap....portion, vacuum seal and freeze

*40 lb boxes of Jumbo chicken wings are dirt cheap there. LOTS, but again....portion and freeze.

*Full and half foil pans

*HD Foil

*Latex gloves

Then there's the ribs, butts, briskets, beef chuck ribs, and on and on and on.....

Yeah, as said....bring lots of cash or the checkbook. It's not difficult to get carried away.

DO NOT FORGET YOUR COOLERS!!!!!

My list looks alot like this one. :mrgreen:

I've found some items are cheaper at Sam's and/or GFS. Latex gloves, aluminum pans, and HD foil are all cheaper at Sam's.

I buy RO lump, pork butts, ribs, briskets, ketchup, and beans there. I haven't been disappointed with the quality of meat there. Last time out, I picked up a roll of butcher paper.

just slid over there during my lunch

I got a cyro 2 pack of bone in butt for $1.18/lb

also bought some blueberries. Always buy blueberries when I am there

keeps the wife happy

;)

The RD I go to has insulated carry bags and an ice chest with ice bags in it in the front outside of the store to use for free.

I am not exactly how this works though

Yes, they all (that I've been in) have the freezer paks for free in the ice chest up front, but the insulated bags are FOR SALE and not free.

I'm addicted to bacon, so i specifically decided not to buy any because I don't know what would happen if I ever had 10 pounds of it.

:laugh:

Wise man!

Ive gone through problems trying to get into RD with my KCBS card. A RD rep messaged me on here that she contacted the RD and said that promotion was good. well this last time I went in, she game me a pass without hesitation but since she did a sloppy job writing the pass number, when i was at checkout, the checkout person couldnt figure out the number, then some front of house person came over in which I bassically had to repeat the whole KCBS interogation routine to her before they figured out what the scribbled number was. spent a good 4 min just standing there going through it while a line of people looked like they were going to jump me in the parking lot

All this hassle sounds crazy. Although I had to fill out a rather lengthy multi-paged membership/questionaire form which did take some time at the service counter.
But after that they gave me 3 cards and I asked for 2 more, no problem. I gave the membership cards to family and friends and they been using it since. And none of us are in the food business.

So all I have to do is join the kcbs online and I'm good to go once I get my kcbs card?

seriously what I would do is just go there and tell them you want to join, ask what is needed. What paperwork do they require.

Get the forms, you can fill them out at home. Ask if you can get a 1 time pass just to look around, they will give you one and you can buy anything you want.

Then you will know for yourself.

Like Untraceable said PAY WITH CA$H ONLY thay have a security issue with credit cards.
It helps me shop there if i have a calculator to see the piece price and or the price per pound as I don't buy cases often.
Take a jacket or sweatshirt at lease that cooler gets cold!

My card got jacked, a few days after last using it there. I was lucky and caught it before my account got hit to hard. The 2 test charges gave away the compromised, and it got shut down inside of 20 minutes of that.

Back