Restaurant Depot open to public.

I stopped in a few days ago as “public”. Just have to stop at the desk and get a day pass. It’s crazy what they have and how much of it. Bought some beef ribs 8 bones for $40

I would give your local RD a call before you drive down there, as I'm not sure if all of them are doing this, but I have seen news reports that some (or maybe all) are allowing in the public. RD has a great selection and I love it, but they do try and get away with overcharging quite often...charging for 1 case rather than 1 item. I OFTEN have to dispute my bill with them and its saved me probably $1K (at least) over the last year of shopping with them.

I would give your local RD a call before you drive down there, as I'm not sure if all of them are doing this, but I have seen news reports that some (or maybe all) are allowing in the public. RD has a great selection and I love it, but they do try and get away with overcharging quite often...charging for 1 case rather than 1 item. I OFTEN have to dispute my bill with them and its saved me probably $1K (at least) over the last year of shopping with them.

We have never had a problem with them ringing up a case instead of one item and we go once a week.

We have never had a problem with them ringing up a case instead of one item and we go once a week.

It could just be the location I go to as it has a 2/5 score on Google reviews and it's kind of a pain in the ass in general. 99% of the time entire aisles are blocked off with pallets, and usually I spend more time in line checking out than I do shopping. I went to a RD up in Milwaukee and it was 100% better in terms of staff, so I think it's very much location dependent.

But I have absolutely been charged for cases rather than single items. This usually happens with BBQ sauce, but I did have it happen with tongs once. I got charged $120 for a single pair of tongs...didn't realize until I had gotten home. I live 2 hours away, so it was a stupid mistake on my part, and now I'm inspecting everything that checkout clerk is doing. Mind you the reviews of my location (Morrisville, NC) also have many people claiming the same problem with being drastically overcharged.

It could just be the location I go to as it has a 2/5 score on Google reviews and it's kind of a pain in the ass in general. 99% of the time entire aisles are blocked off with pallets, and usually I spend more time in line checking out than I do shopping. I went to a RD up in Milwaukee and it was 100% better in terms of staff, so I think it's very much location dependent.

But I have absolutely been charged for cases rather than single items. This usually happens with BBQ sauce, but I did have it happen with tongs once. I got charged $120 for a single pair of tongs...didn't realize until I had gotten home. I live 2 hours away, so it was a stupid mistake on my part, and now I'm inspecting everything that checkout clerk is doing. Mind you the reviews of my location (Morrisville, NC) also have many people claiming the same problem with being drastically overcharged.

Sounds just like the RD here in Kansas City.... Most of the time it's a total chit show. The rest of the time it's only a partial chit show... :frusty::frusty:

My RD here in NJ is open to the public. It really wasnt that great to begin with, so I don't go much. Never have brisket and the rest of the meat dept. is hit or miss. I called last week because I wanted to see if I could get bone in pork butts and they told me they had no butts at all in stock. I went to costco and had to settle for boneless.

I'm sure they're business is hurting since so many restaurants have scaled back to take-out only.

Back