THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restaurant Depot...

KCBS membership will get you into a great store designated for caterers and restaurants only...

Wow.. not sure how I missed that one. so in order to get into the store,you must be a member of kcbs? or own a restaruant ect. sort of like sams club used to be

Pretty much. If you are a member of KCBS they give you a day pass. Otherwise you have to be a member with the whole Tax ID and everything.

I was at the RD off Eisenhower Ave (Alexandria, VA) yesterday and there were two bone-ins to choose from. The MM on one pack was really nice, but it makes me nervous for future pickings. I also wish that RD would carry pork belly on a more consistent basis.

The Alexandria store is the one that doesn't stock a lot of bone in butts. The capital heights store usually stocks a good quantity if Alexandria is out.

You really just have to own a business. They require a tax ID number but do not require it to be a food service business.

"The President campaigning in Iowa announced $170 million in government meat purchases to help farmers struck by drought, helping to send hog prices to a one-week high." I heard an analyst saying this is going to drive up cost next year and it has a lot to do with the EPA and producing corn for ethanol gas additives - we shall see what Beef and pork cost next year!

Back