Restaurant Depot and BBQB

qapla

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Qapla
I thought I saw somewhere on this forum that a membership on BBQB qualifies one for a membership at RD ... I tried to search and could not find that info.

Is this correct that a BBQB membership will qualify - they are about to open a RD in our area next month.

It's hit or miss. I've never had an RD recognize KCBS as a pass, and I've had multiple legit business license backed memberships cancelled by RD for no reason.

What I need can usually be found at reasonable price with a little shopping research. So I really don't need or care about Resto Depot anymore.

It's hit or miss. I've never had an RD recognize KCBS as a pass, and I've had multiple legit business license backed memberships cancelled by RD for no reason.

What I need can usually be found at reasonable price with a little shopping research. So I really don't need or care about Resto Depot anymore.

If you can find fresh Lump crab meat for $15/lb let me know where. Even the lump crab meat in a can at grocery stores are $30/lb. RD has chicken of the sea brand for $14/lb

A Resturant Depot just opened by me. I’ve been there twice so far. Anyone can go to the counter and ask for a day pass. They will give you one. The person behind the counter said I could come in whenever I want and they will issue a day pass. They do collect your personal information such as name, address, phone number, and email each time.

KCBS lists day passes to resturant depot on their member benefits page, but the employee I spoke to never heard of it.

Most employees working the desk do not know about the KCBS deal so they dont know how to check/verify it's true. When i used to goto RD, the person at the counter would take 10-15 min to search their computer for KCBS info, which they eventually found and sent me on my way. I kinda got sick of the wait so i emailed RD corporate asking what the deal is and they need to train their employees better. Well, less than an hour later i get a call from the manager of the RD i shop at apologizing for the issue and said they will train their employees better but if i ever have an issue getting in to call his cell phone and he will talk to the employee. I never had to do that since they obviously did some training in-house. It's been years since i've been but it is a cool place to check out, bad for your wallet but cool.

I print the RD notice from the KCBS site, it has specific instructions for the RD receptionist desk, and requires you to have your membership card and photo ID. I've never had any issues. If you go back the next day, you get another pass.

25918_11222019124711.jpg

Back