** RESTARTED***Sam's Club BBQ Series/National Championship

We may look at the Sacramento comp...it's only a 2 day drive...:becky: What the hec...my trailer has wheels...:twisted:

It could be that the saturation of Sam's Clubs may have been a deciding factor. I only know of one small store in the Seattle area, home of Costco.

Not that it matters, but there are 3 Sam's Club's in Western Washington.
Auburn, Renton and North Seattle.

If we wanna play KCBS, we gotta road trip.

I think this will be the first ever BBQ contest in Pittsburgh.

I've wanted to go to the 'Burgh for a long time to compete -- looking forward to it (assuming I get in!).

Erik

Itr seems the Region 5 'regional' is the same weekend as the American Royal.

So the winners of the region 5 locals have to decide between this circuit or the AR. Am I reading that right?

That region 5 regional is about a whooping 5 miles from me. If we dont go to the royal, we can just go there and razz everyone. :)

Itr seems the Region 5 'regional' is the same weekend as the American Royal.

So the winners of the region 5 locals have to decide between this circuit or the AR. Am I reading that right?

That region 5 regional is about a whooping 5 miles from me. If we dont go to the royal, we can just go there and razz everyone. :)

The regionals are invitationals... so you can be in both places at once with the BBQ Brethren name :) Now the question is... who / where....

so if i understand the rules correctly, you have to be one of the lucky 30 to get "in" the contest, then you pay via credit card over the phone , so its a race to get "in" then a race to pay? or if you get "in" then you have to pay befor the deadline, its either im a goober or the rules are not very clear?

Not that it matters, but there are 3 Sam's Club's in Western Washington.
Auburn, Renton and North Seattle.

Cool...I was only aware of the one in Renton...not a member so I never go there. Anyhoo...like swamp said...if we wanna play KCBS...we gotta travel.

JD, In the northeast many of the NEBS contests have KCBS events tied to them... Organizers are who drive the sanctioning...so if you dont wanna travel to play KCBS, have some of your contests go for dual sanctioning, etc. I'm sure if there was an interest in the teams up there, the organizers would follow suit... I guess I didnt realize there was a drive for KCBS sanctioned events up there.

JD, In the northeast many of the NEBS contests have KCBS events tied to them... Organizers are who drive the sanctioning...so if you dont wanna travel to play KCBS, have some of your contests go for dual sanctioning, etc. I'm sure if there was an interest in the teams up there, the organizers would follow suit... I guess I didnt realize there was a drive for KCBS sanctioned events up there.

I am not sure (so please correct me if I am wrong) but I think this was done a few years back. Not sure people wanted to pay double the sactioning fee. Any way sacramento is too far for us, maybe next year. I would be curious to see who gets in to the local events and if it really is a first come first serve sign-up.

I'm not sure there's a drive for KCBS events in the PNW, (PNWBA is indeed a sanctioning body that works well for the smaller contests up there...) It does kinda stink that there are no Sam's Club events within a 2-day drive though... The rest of the contests seem to indicate that the saturation level of KCBS (cooks, contests, judges, etc) in a geographic area is not a driver of the location of Sams Club events.
This is demonstrated by Texas (3 events, very little KCBS presence) and KC (very high density of KCBS activity and no Sam's club events)

October could be a long month for somebody. The Royal, Sam's Club Final, and Jack are all in October. It could be a really good month too!

The regionals are invitationals... so you can be in both places at once with the BBQ Brethren name :) Now the question is... who / where....

Might want to double check that.

If they are all KCBS contests unless there is some special consideration they all will follow the same rule #2.

"A team shall not compete in more than one contest under the same team
name, on the same date."

Just sayin'

That's not right. Any contest that has a "Invitational" , while sanctioned through KCBS, they are considered competitor series and do not count for any TOY points. 2 perfect examples are the American Royal Invitation and the Jack Daniel's.

Might want to double check that.

If they are all KCBS contests unless there is some special consideration they all will follow the same rule #2.

"A team shall not compete in more than one contest under the same team
name, on the same date."

Just sayin'

Back