Replacing my maverick

From the responses I have seen lately, those that want a WiFi option, seem to be going with either the smoke with the gateway or the Fireboard. I don’t think you can miss with either of those choices but I think it depends on your needs and budget. Fireboard will provide more probe options but the smoke with the gateway will be less expensive. I chose to go with the fireboard since I had a need for all of the probe options.

Hi I can buy the Cloud controller for $140.00, but then I'll still have the Bigi Q DX 2 controller. The Fireboard sounds really good, 2 probes should enough for me.
THanks Dan

Hi All Last question. What is the big difference between the Cloud and Fireboard? Can I see and control temps from afar with both?
Thanks For Your Replies
DanB

for me its the Smoke System. night and day from the complex maverick system and the probes are very durable. I've had my same three probes since it first came out and they all work great. I bought an extra probe as a backup because I was programmed (by my maverick) to always have one.
I have heard lots of good things about fireboard with the only negativity again being probe failure. If I was you I would buy new batteries for your maverick and get a Smoke system and then use your maverick as a backup.

OK - I started this :)
Finally using my Fireboard
Wow! I love it
The alerts are setup and work great - it never loses connectivity - I can see it on my Mac and my phone. I am using two probes but the device has room for more - it came with tow food probes but I can buy more if I never need that
Still not crazy bout their tech support but the device is very cool
OH
the device is in the all weather box - AND it is magnetized so it is hanging off the front of my Summit - totally out of the way
Liking this all around!

OK - I started this :)
Finally using my Fireboard
Wow! I love it
The alerts are setup and work great - it never loses connectivity - I can see it on my Mac and my phone. I am using two probes but the device has room for more - it came with tow food probes but I can buy more if I never need that
Still not crazy bout their tech support but the device is very cool
OH
the device is in the all weather box - AND it is magnetized so it is hanging off the front of my Summit - totally out of the way
Liking this all around!

Hi Where do you get the alerts? Phone,Email, texts?
Thanks DanB

Back