Replace Brinkmann Smoke n pit Pro with WSM?

Wife's been telling me I'm going all 'Rainman' on this WSM thing... Hee Hee... maybe she'll give in if I start whacking myself on the head and screaming...

Wife's been telling me I'm going all 'Rainman' on this WSM thing... Hee Hee... maybe she'll give in if I start whacking myself on the head and screaming...

The first time your wife tastes the food from a WSM she will forget about you being Dustin Hoffman...:p

Well, I got it yesterday. The date code is DI, which means it was built in 2007, that's good. And it came with a chimney.
It's in good shape, the seller said he used it about 10 times. He didn't have the water pan, but he had 2 Brinkmann pans. The cover's in very good shape.
It's been outside in the weather so I have to oil the vent rivets and clean some rust off the grates and some other places.

I ended up having to give $125 for it.

Anyone know how to waterproof the cover?

Chuck

Last edited:
Well, I got it yesterday... I ended up having to give $125 for it.

Anyone know how to waterproof the cover?

You done good!

As far as waterproofing the cover there are a couple of things you can do.
Cover it with a large trash bag before you put the WSM cover on. Also, if you are going to keep it outside, store it with the center section inverted. Doing this keeps all of the rain water on the outside of the WSM.

Well, I got a chance to go over it real well today. The previous owner let the bottom fill with water and set full. This rusted the grate some and rusted the leg bolts. The charcoal ring looks unused. There are 2 small chips on the bottom, smaller than a dime. The vent rivets need some work to move freely.

All in all, I think it was a good deal.

Here are some pix showing the parts and the chipped coating.

Chuck

Attachments

• P1010089.jpg
    P1010089.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 21
  • P1010090.jpg
    P1010090.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 21
  • P1010091.jpg
    P1010091.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 21
  • P1010092.jpg
    P1010092.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 21
WSM for sure. Until you get into the heavy offsets the WSM is the ticket.

Yeah, I have had the heavys. I used to custom build offset smokers back in the 80's when I lived in St. Louis. They were very rare up there.

Now, I'm the only one in the house that eats BBQ except for guests occasionally. That's why I'm scaling back.

I'm really looking forward to using this little gem.

Chuck

Back